Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2024, 10:53 pm

I enjoy lying down a lot more than sitting down. In the breakroom @ work, usually I am the only one lying down. Some coworkers even sleep sitting down (or standing up). I've been like that since I was young. Maybe I'm just not strong enough to sit down comfortably. Don't know.

Often take a long time (2 hours) to fall asleep. Often wake up in the middle of the night and try and fail to sleep.

Only working one part time job. It is not a professional job or anything like that. Hourly, unskilled. Retail. No school, single, zero "friends", zero children. Hardly ever stay awake after 9 or 10pm. Lately, been waking up 4am, even on days off. Two hours after breakfast, one hour nap.

light sleeper

Sometimes I do not know if I fell asleep.

I'm not so busy that I do not have time to sleep. The last time I was too busy to sleep, I was about 24 and still in undergrad.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2024, 11:43 pm

Lying down, always get more healing to the brain ......not saying where to invest your funds, but the right health supplements ...can / will make changes in your metabolism and sleep sometimes. From a long history of experience
with thise things now .

where ever you go ,there you are

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2024, 1:33 pm

You're a laid-back person who prefers lying down, and you've been having some sleep issues. Maybe try some relaxation techniques before bed to help you wind down?

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2024, 2:57 pm

She has a recliner, I get the couch.
Sometimes the dogs let me lie on it

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2024, 9:09 pm

I find it more relaxing to lie down. I like it under my favourite blanket.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2024, 10:16 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
She has a recliner, I get the couch.
Sometimes the dogs let me lie on it

:D .......its a dogs life ...? :mrgreen: ..........

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 1:30 am

I have chronic fatigue (ME/CFS) and I spend most of my time lying down in bed, with my head propped up on pillows. And I'm always exhausted nevertheless, but sitting up would be even more exhausting.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 1:57 pm

bee33 wrote:
I have chronic fatigue (ME/CFS) and I spend most of my time lying down in bed, with my head propped up on pillows. And I'm always exhausted nevertheless, but sitting up would be even more exhausting.

Some years back , my Lyme got a co- diagnosis of CFS/ ME ....they aggressive Lyme treatment turned the tide on the both , I thought...Pretty slow progres s with that treatment method re engaged the world of supplements , esp. functional mushroom powder in capsules ...and a few other supplements , keeps the stuff beat down. But supplement are much easier on my system. Had to focus on anti inflammitories. ...and some. otc meds to keep most worse sysptoms somewhat at bay....Just My experience . As these diseases are inflamnation based, i believe . Beside the techy side of them . :roll: :mrgreen:

Thank Heaven for the internet otherwise my mind might not have survived the. brain fog issues.. For those times when you can pick up your head off a pillow :roll:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 2:17 pm

I always have to have my feet up when I'm on the sofa but I'm not lay down flat

LittleBeach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2024, 6:58 am

I am lying in bed right now (it’s the middle of the day), answering wrong planet on my tablet. Ive always liked relaxing in bed at any time of day.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 2:27 pm

Was taught early on, that. just getting your feet up higher....best if above the level of the heart,when lying down.
Help circulation alot . Overnight or at least 15 min. for a short break. :roll:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2024, 8:25 pm

Sitting always seems uncomfortable for me so I prefer to either lie down or stand up.
If I do sit, I don't sit like a normal person.
Usually I'll have my legs drawn up to my chest or propped on something, or folded underneath, or some other weird position.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2024, 9:22 pm

Jakki wrote:
bee33 wrote:

Some years back , my Lyme got a co- diagnosis of CFS/ ME ....they aggressive Lyme treatment turned the tide on the both , I thought...Pretty slow progres s with that treatment method re engaged the world of supplements , esp. functional mushroom powder in capsules ...and a few other supplements , keeps the stuff beat down. But supplement are much easier on my system. Had to focus on anti inflammitories. ...and some. otc meds to keep most worse sysptoms somewhat at bay....Just My experience . As these diseases are inflamnation based, i believe . Beside the techy side of them . :roll: :mrgreen:

Thank Heaven for the internet otherwise my mind might not have survived the. brain fog issues.. For those times when you can pick up your head off a pillow :roll:
Thank you. My psychiatrist gave me some supplements to order but I have not been well enough even to go on Amazon and place the order.