Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2024, 10:15 pm

Last year, my identity almost got stolen. I have no common sense and should've questioned it earlier. Thankfully, the bank manager rescued me from identity theft.

Terrified identity theft or something worse will happen to me again.

The tv in the breakroom @ work was playing a long commercial for Lifelock. The customers seemed so convincing, and the experts seemed so competent.

However, upon closer examination,
https://www.wired.com/2010/05/lifelock-identity-theft/
Lifelock's reviews are not as great as they act like.

How many times has your identity been stolen?
How much cash did you lose?
What are you doing to minimize the risk of identity theft?
How do you feel about Lifelock or anything like that?
How worried are you about identity theft?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2024, 10:17 pm

My identity was stolen to the extent they controlled all my bank accounts, took ownership of my house, hacked my email and social media, and impersonated me in correspondence to my lawyers and my family.

* But hey, some men can't get dates so it wasn't THAT bad.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2024, 7:04 pm

been watching some videos about identity theft victims.

it seems that, these days, identity thieves are using better and better methods and sooner or later they will hack my $$$.

maybe i should just waste all my $$$. that way, *when* identity thieves successfully hack me (which is inevitable) they will not get that much $$$.

watching that infomercial @ work yesterday scared the s**t out of me. someone that claimed to be a cybersecurity expert, said that if he knew what state you were born in and what year, he could come up with the first five digits of your social security number.

one of the victims was a CPA another one was a lawyer. if a lawyer did not know better, than i do not know better either. on the other hand, i do not have that much $$$ so WTF ever s**t.