What was your first Special interest?

Page 1 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:20 pm

I like looking back on the old interests i used to have,

When i was 2, i had a special interest in making towers and piles, i would tower up the spices in my moms spice drawer and take all the clothes out of my closet every night and pile it in my door way, i would get excited if i saw anything resembling a pile or a tower (except feces lol). And then it was wearing a cat suit, i had a cat costume that i refused to take off and convinced myself i was a cat, id even eat cat food. I also really liked Tarzan and Thumbelina, they were the only movies i watched.

Then in grade school, it shifted from Ghosts, to Titanic, Frogs, Remote controlled cars, walkie talkies, Beta Fishes, and Salamanders.

In middle school it got more intense, when i was 10 i found this rubber stretchy Mummy halloween toy, i named it mummy dude and carried it around with me for 2- 3 years straight, when i was 12 i watched Coraline and become COMPLETELY obsessed with it for about a year, then when in september of 2009 i was introduced to Sonic...

What was your FIRST special Interest?

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:23 pm

As a kid I had collections of everything. Stamps, rocks, bottle caps, erasers, pogs, baseball cards, pens, pencils, Lego, though I am not sure which one came first. All I know is I was preoccupied with collecting things.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:24 pm

Probably the "Wacky Races" cartoon when I was 7.

Before then, I really wasn't interested in much. I might get happy about some things, though. I was also scared of lots....including the Moon and planets. I couldn't look up at the Moon until I was a teenager.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm

When I was about 6-7 I became interests in grammar and parenting. But I may have had special interests before that. I remember I was really into certain book series and TV shows, and also certain combinations of letters and numbers on licence plates or clocks. And of course, I was always interested in my own thoughts and imaginings.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:36 pm

When I was 7, I had no idea about the meaning of grammar or parenting.

About 5 years ago, I got interested in the Wacky Races again. I started thinking about it constantly.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:38 pm

Dinosaurs, among other aspects I used to read encyclopedias about them in primary/elementary school

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:38 pm

Genealogy at age 13 years.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
When I was 7, I had no idea about the meaning of grammar or parenting.

Yeah, I guess I'm weird, haha. I just looked at some books and magazines my parents had lying around the house and became interested.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:43 pm

You were pretty intelligent....still are.

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2016, 7:45 pm

Thomas The Tank Engine and trains in general. Then it changed to Ghostbusters.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You were pretty intelligent....still are.

Thank you!

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 7:48 pm

Hats. I apparently had a thing for hats, I always get told I used to love hats. I do still quite like hats. My grandad had all these old replica world war 1 and 2 hats, hats bought at wimbledon and lots of other stuff.
And then dinosaurs, I absolutely adored dinosaurs.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 8:45 pm

tetris wrote:
Hats. I apparently had a thing for hats, I always get told I used to love hats. I do still quite like hats. My grandad had all these old replica world war 1 and 2 hats, hats bought at wimbledon and lots of other stuff.
And then dinosaurs, I absolutely adored dinosaurs.

Haha! this wasn't my first interest by far, but somewhere around 12-ish I started to love socks. And then when I hit like 18, I LOVED socks, pretty sure I have some kind of sock fetish- I love socks! bright ones, short ones, long "thigh-high" ones, thick socks, socks with patterns, silk socks, cotton socks polyester socks, SOCKS!! !! I love them all. Socks with "heat tech" in them socks lined with silver, crew socks, ankle socks, running socks, compression socks, socks with 90 angles at the heel, socks over socks.... all of the socks. Minimalist socks, crazy weird socks you see on fashion runways....
:heart:

My first interest when I was 5 and half was how magnets worked. I never got over that one either. : D
Still love magnets!! !! However, I broadened it to science in general. I love science.
I could talk about it until I go blue in the face, pass out, probably still subconsciously think about it, and then regain consciousness and then resume my discussion (or should I said mostly like my lecture/monologue) and then continue for some time onwards.

god damn I love those subjects. :mrgreen:
I also really like trains and maps of trains and train tickets from different countries. I like public transportation more generally as well. I liked the trains in Canada when I went there- they were very clean. :o

My special interests seem to spiral outwards and become very general and then sometimes spiral back inward, like an up down weaving in and out sort of thing. It's ... interesting to think about. : )

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 10:33 pm

Can't remember the exact first.
Could have been
1. Reading
a. Comics,Mythology.
b. The Dictionary
2. Table Tennis
3. Food
4. ???
Me...Still too old to know it all

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 10:43 pm

Dolls. When I was a kid, I had a huge barbie doll collection. I never played with them though.

A few years ago, I had my kitchen decorated in everything rooster.

More recently, my grandmother passed away. The family had a monkey when she was growing up. Now, I have her monkey alarm clock, and ever since she passed away, I have been collecting monkey EVERYTHING. I even bought another monkey clock.

flagreen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2016, 11:14 pm

Hmm...probably collecting collections.
rocks. feathers. pencils. leaves.
Wanted to be an animal. Type was variable.
Dogs, a lifelong obsession. Learning all the breeds.
Sounds. I collected sounds and words - perhaps it was nurturing my inner aspie.
Stuffed toys.
Playing in the sand. Many an hour in that grand sandbox.