Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Randomguy2003
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2024, 2:26 am

I've been through a lot during my years in college. When I was 18, I made one mistake and became a recluse my whole first year. During my second year, I had a chance to have an actual fresh start, But I messed that up and had bad mental health and bad grades; I made the dean's list in the spring semester. Junior year, My fall semester made me want to give up, but my spring semester motivated me to work harder.

I'm in my senior year now, and I'm grateful for the many positive experiences and growth I've had. I've worked hard for them, harder than I ever had before. With three years of development behind me, I've come a long way, and I'm proud of my progress. I've got an internship in my city, which I love; I'm getting good grades, I've learned how to save money properly, I've been to unique places during my internship, and I've made friends who helped me open up my world more. Lately, I've been reminiscing about bad things from my past. I want to be more present and enjoy this newfound confidence and energy that came into my life.

How can I avoid dwelling on past mistakes and focus on the present? I want to fully enjoy this newfound confidence and energy in my life.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 7:16 am

1. Don't have regrets. This is easier said than done, but if you build a successful, positive life then you will rarely think back about those mistakes. There is no guarantee that you would have been been what you think you could have been. Look ahead and be positive.

2. Take complete accountability for your situation in life. You and only you made the choices that you made. I could blame my parents, my classmates, my first wife, my second wife, the law firms I've worked at for lousy situations I have found myself in. But I made all the choices and created those very situations. Taking full accountability will give you peace and will focus your psychic energy on you and not the people in you past. It also creates fewer regrets.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 1:32 pm

Learn from past mistakes, which probably requires you to remember them (at least a bit).

But learn how to live without repeating the mistakes.