Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 8:29 pm

Past couple weeks, been pretty hot. I work in the parking lot. Sunday, 83 to 97 degrees fahrenheit. Sweating a lot. Felt like heatstroke. Today, suddenly kind of cold. Dreading the winter. Rain, thunder, lightning, hail. Wet shoes from 7am to 7pm, s**t. Raincoat better than nothing, but not adequate for seven f*****g hours. No snow. Last year, the coldest it got @ work was 35degrees fahrenheit. Plenty of cities get much hotter and/or colder than the city where i live, but it's still so much work to push shopping carts in the rain. fear getting sick and s**t.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 11:24 pm

I can't stand rain and thunder. Thunder wakes me up in the middle of the night. My aunt was also scared of thunder. One time, she was talking on the phone and there was thunder, the very next second, she drove into our driveway just from down the street where she lived.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 11:43 pm

Working outside in the rain is a drag, but working outside on 30°C+ days I find unbearable.
It pretty unpleasant working in a thunderstorm too (Try climbing a 30 metre tower on top of a hill to replace lightning arrestors in a storm.)
But if I'm indoors I LOVE a big storm.
A few exceptions... A storm in Florida where whole trees were sailing past the hotel window and a lightning strike 75m from my house that left our first born alpaca a steaming corpse.
Oh...and the strike on my 20m dipole over the water tank on top of Foster hill.
In my shack, my hair leapt to attention and sparks ran around everything electrical. I only popped one fuse, but I lost the dipole (less eggs) and 40m of RG8, which I couldn't afford to replace in those days

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 11:46 pm

I love listening to high fidelity reproductions of thunder on state of the art transducers, but the real life stuff makes me retreat into a quiet noise proofed room.