Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aet1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2024, 2:11 pm

I was curious is it an Aspie issue that I feel I am not able to speak with family, I feel we are on different pages in life, and my town in my opinion isn't for me? I have been feeling stressed lately emotionally, trying to get my life together and ''get in the zone'' with everything. I feel a lot of sensory or ''boxed in'' in the suburbs, houses and town to close together, every minute lawnmowers, a lot of talking, and other sounds, is it possible I just have mental health issues are these types of environments are not for us?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:12 pm

I live near the middle of my town (though now named a city) and often wish for a quieter place to live. I mean, even right now next-door neighbours are moving their bins very loudly down their driveway and I'm finding it highly irritating. And now a bus has gone past. Argh.

Every weekend someone is mowing or hammering or grinding.

I don't think anything is wrong with you for feeling boxed in. You may be sensitive to it all, like I am.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:50 am

On the two occasions I invited a friend round for dinner when my parents were still alive, BOTH asked "Is your family always like that?"
Like what?
"Weird"
Hmmmm.

If either of my brothers and I don't converse within a week of the previous conversation, some kind of wall starts to go up. Then it gets more and more difficult to instigate contact.
I don't think we've had any common ground this century, and I've only talked 1/2 dozen times with either since.
Big bro doesn't mask as well as I do, yet always fitted in better.