Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2024, 11:20 pm

What kind of awards and prizes have you gotten and for what?

What kind of punishments have you gotten and for what?

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2024, 12:16 am

A couple of scholarships..
A truckload of archery medals, a complete set of FITA Arrowhead awards.
I suppose making Grand Master Bowman counts, although I only held it a year before moving interstate and leaving the sport.
I've won 2 standing wave bridges/RF power meters at (Radio)foxhunts.
I may have held an unofficial speed record for paper aeroplanes for a while
(A little under 950 km/h ...shooting a paper blowdart forwards on a 747)

Punishments?... At school I've been caned, strapped and rulered...
Since school...Traffic infringements...
I've been in the lockup four times. Once for being drunk in public. Once not paying the fine for it. (I didn't even know I'd been tried in absentia), twice for possession and cultivation.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2024, 2:29 am

not much....oh the tiny things too?
first prize at kindergarden a drawing competition (about traffic)
school didn't do prizes in those years
sunday school, participation prize; a bible for children,
medals for 'avondvierdaagse', several years with school or sportclub, four days of 10km walk

mudhiking all (walkable) dutch islands
another 'trophee' for the east-german islands,
one for speedskating @school- i was deplorable in it but i was trained, so the school competition was easy
idk any more, ah i got a reward sort of thing for sheep sheering, not the sheering but my sheep, at the fair

punishments,
the occasional spanking, once a year probably,
later on a schooltrip i got 'punished' by putting me in the teacher-house/ that was the best, but at home 8) :nerdy:
drunk- to policecell, i don't remember that.... :alien:
once more police cell for stealing, i didn't steal but was with them, so there wasn't much a do after all
hub has a punishing attitude(or bipolar?), hence the womenshelter when pregnant, 8) 8) :nerdy:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2024, 4:38 am

When I was really, young, all I did is win, win, win.
At the same time, people don't explain things enough for me what I did wrong.

To a point that I had lost seeing the value in it. :lol:

Nor the dangers of the consequences itself. I'm aware I'm supposed to 'learn' :roll: , but some people do not get the message that it doesn't work.

Rewards and punishments...
... Went meaningless to me right before realizing that I was different. Meaning, around elementary.
Realizing that it's more to do with standard metrics they follow, more about them and their priorities than about me.

Had I cared, I would've been more fearful to lose or more eager to win.

But that didn't happened.
I don't fully understand why except that the rewards isn't what I truly strive to get or is actually what I want regardless of how valuable it is or how it can make my life easier (in which everyone else is convinced that's what everyone wants) and the punishments aren't as consequential figuring it's an illusion (in which my conscious knows it is an illusion, but my unconscious doesn't and just reacts which pisses me off back then).

It did not really help when I was witnessing stuff at Sped classes, where everyone gets an award or how it's setup.
Made me realized that rewards are just as illusory as punishments.

:lol: That it's all about priorities and perception.

But oh, sure.
Lots of party prizes, few ribbons during pre-elementary, some trophies that I can't remember what it was for...

And plenty of penalties and punishments, realizing too soon on how immature my parents are and clueless people around me truly are because none of them knew what to do with me, let alone persuade me, even less so gain my respect.

I don't know. I lost the drive to win or avoid losing in a rather young age.

And since figuring that it's all about metric and not about me, it's also how I lost interest in rewards and punishments -- that if I always do my best, I'll spread myself thin by casting myself as someone 'too good and competent', and my pride won't allow the 'too bad and incompetent' states either.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:04 pm

Barely any prizes at school. I was not that good at anything.

I got a certificate for best female cadet at army cadets one year. I worked my way up to green belt in a martial art. Then it got too expensive so I stopped doing it.

I got my Bachelor of Psychology in 2016. Certificate 3 in IT two years later. I also got an obscure software testing certificate in a course for autistics after that. The most difficult course I've ever taken.

Punishments - banished to the library in early high school sports. I refused to play volleyball. Also I was suspended for a week in Year 11 for drinking alcohol on school premises. I didn't even touch any of it though, friends did.

jamie0.0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Yesterday, 11:12 pm

The most memorable award I've gotten was one in childhood. I wrote a short story that the principle read and awarded me with a sticker for outstanding writing.
Up untill then and very few after have I received recognition for my creative skills.

As far as punishments go, my parents were never really creative. I got the usual spankings and time outs.
There was one occasion where I got grounded and had all technology taken away. It benefited me in a way that I learned there was more life than technology.