Have you ever been attracted to certain objects?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Maeotian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2007, 3:59 pm

I can remember as a child being simply "attached" to certain objects. One notable example I would like to bring up would be an attachment to those blue Reebok shoe boxes with covers made like a British flag. I guess it was pretty understandable, since back then, I had an obssession towards flags of the world, and having a shoe box with a large British flag on it made me absolutely giddy. I didn't even care about the shoes inside, but I just wanted the box. I wish I could find a picture of it to post, but for the life of me I can't.

Has anyone else felt a strong attraction towards objects, even if they weren't part of an obsession?

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 4:06 pm

Various things I collected generally, like my shells and my stones(devils toenails as they are called here in the Uk) and erasers.

Rainbow_Kaleidoscope
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2007, 4:08 pm

I have quite strong feelings toward objects.

When I was a child I had a blue sweater I really loved.

I guess that's a compensation for the inability to develope appropriate feelings toward people.

Oh, and today I had warm feelings toward a Goron while going up the Death Mountain Trail in The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. He was SO cute ! !!

Maeotian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2007, 4:15 pm

Rainbow_Kaleidoscope wrote:
Oh, and today I had warm feelings toward a Goron while going up the Death Mountain Trail in The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. He was SO cute ! !!

I sure hope you're not talking about the one that tries to run over you. Im telling you that guy must be suicidal or something.

Rainbow_Kaleidoscope
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2007, 4:18 pm

No, I'm talking about the first one you encounter on the way up, standing next to that big rock. :wink:

Gorons Rock ! !! :jester:

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 4:28 pm

I remember those Reebock boxes! I liked those too.

OK, this is weird . . .

I had a favorite rock. It was next to the front porch of the house I grew up in. I took it with me when I moved out and I still have it. When I was sad, I used to go look at the rock and it would make me feel calm.

I keep every guitar string I break. They're woven together like wreaths all over my house.

Frosty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2007, 4:43 pm

hourglass shaped but that is probably a guy thing. :)

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Oct 2007, 5:16 pm

I was attatched to my pads of paper (never to be used), office supplies, coins, KEYS + Locks and my blanket.

As a teen + adult I became more attatched to specific places and events in time ???

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 7:55 pm

I remember having a strong attachment to a stuffed toy Siamese cat.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:01 pm

I had many security objects as a kid-- rings I always wore, hair elastics I wore either in my hair or on my wrist, pendants, chains, bangles, earrings, sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweatpants, sweat shorts... and then I had these objects I jsut LOVED... my vaccination record book, the Montreal Children's Hospital code of ethics booklet, certain costume jewelry, and my CP Rail pen, among other stuff.

Last edited by Ana54 on 18 Oct 2007, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loske
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2007, 8:15 pm

I have trouble losing/throwing out anything that I've had for a while. A pen I've been using, clothes... I like the things I have and I don't want anything new. To me they have their own personalilties.

Panzyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2007, 8:24 pm

About a year or so ago I had a jacket that I was pretty into. I wore it all the time, night and day, hot and cold, year round. I eventually had to get rid of it because it got really dirty and it had some rather depressing memories attached to it.

My favorite objects now are pianos and hardcover books. Whenever I go anywhere I'll do my best to get near a person's piano. And if I can play it that's a treat. : P

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:25 pm

I probably had a bit too much of an attachment to my stuffed animals being a male child and all.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:25 pm

I always ended up getting attached to my old pairs of shoes and pants that were too small for me to wear anymore. And blankets. And hats. And teddy bears in particular. One time, I went loco after losing a plastic water bottle. I just couldn't stand the idea of not having it. I dunno.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Oct 2007, 5:28 pm

i like smelling my shoes, they smell like rotten bananas and i love it. anyways ive been attracted to rocks&minerals most of my existance

quirky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2007, 5:31 pm

9CatMom wrote:
I remember having a strong attachment to a stuffed toy Siamese cat.

That's so weird. When I was 4 my uncle gave me a stuffed Siamese cat - I still sleep with her, and for years I collected all things bearing the image of a siamese cat. I spent hundreds of dollars on figurines. A lot of the figurine shops closed, and I needed more money in high school, so I don't really buy them any more - but I have a really nice collection. I've always liked siamese cats, but I'm deathly allergic :( Coincidental, though.