Do you?
I don't park straight. It's crooked. 64%  64%  [ 21 ]
I do park straight the first try. 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 33

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Nov 2007, 8:45 am

Out of curiousity, if you are a driver, when you park your car at first attempt, do you park straight?

xx Dan Monster

Maeotian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2007, 9:46 am

It depends on whether I can aim right. Like if the line has some space around it, then Im pretty sure I can get it the first time.

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2007, 10:02 am

Parallel parking or just regular parking?

Parallel parking i usually have to take a minute to park it right, and normal parking I usually get on the first try.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 10:31 am

More crooked than Halliburton. Yes, I used a simile.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 12:21 pm

I will always park straight but seldom first try, invariably I will pull out and go back again straight.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2007, 12:24 pm

I am a very crooked parker. Often I think I'm parking really well then I get out and see reality, say, "oh well, maybe it will amuse someone" and walk away.

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2007, 12:26 pm

There wasn't an option for 59/40/1 straight first try/straight second try/straight third try. What's with that!?!?

Parallel parking is a whole different story. I always end up about a foot and a half from the curb with no way to get closer. It's a nightmare. If I have anyone in the car with me, I always ask if anyone knows how to parallel park, then get out and watch them do it.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 12:59 pm

I park very well on the right side, but on the left side it's very hard for me. Parallel parking: I park well but invariably crooked. Just can't do anything about it.

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2007, 1:04 pm

I can usually get parked straight first try, but I have had 20 years of practice :)

Plus I sometimes drive a big car with a horse trailer attached, sometimes a 7.5t lorry, so I've had to develop some spacial awareness.

Backing the trailer makes me red in the face with concentration, though :oops: :lol:

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 3:28 pm

I'm fine at the actual parking. However, I hate hate hate searching for a spot to park on the street. Sometimes I see a spot and try to get in only to realize it's in front of a driveway or fire hydrant, has a no parking sign, is too small to get in, etc. Other times I miss a spot because cars behind me are distracting me and making me nervous. I think the most stressful thing is trying to read the signs. I also hate using parking meters. I walk most places, but some restaurants I like are too far to walk. It's too bad the buses in this city suck. Some you have to wait like half an hour for so it just aint worth it.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2007, 5:36 pm

you

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 7:34 pm

Crooked park= krap,which usually describes my efforts at parking in any tight spaces.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Nov 2007, 7:50 pm

I always park crooked. It doesn't take up someone else's space so I just shrug and walk away or if I'm feeling very nit picky I'll try again.

xx Dan Monster

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2007, 8:55 pm

Usually, when I park in a parking lot, it's straight. Same goes for parallel. But when I park in the driveway in front of my house, it's always really crooked.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Nov 2007, 8:59 pm

Stevopedia wrote:
Usually, when I park in a parking lot, it's straight. Same goes for parallel. But when I park in the driveway in front of my house, it's always really crooked.

I do too. I've noticed that maybe it's because the parking spaces at the stores are at an angle?

xx Dan Monster

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 9:05 pm

No one else does. Why should I go out of my way to make an effort?