AAAAA!! ! I'm having a panic attack!! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 6:20 am

It's now after 4AM and I've been panicking for almost 3 hours! I've got to pack up and move this whole house in only 6 more days!! It just seems too big of a job, and I've been hiding from it for 2 weeks now! Now it has to get done and it's too much! My own fault, I know.... but I can't hide from it any longer! My heart feels like it's going to explode!

On the plus side, getting OUT of bed and packing boxes at 2AM was a good idea... I get a lot done in panic mode. This could work to my advantage over the next week. If I bust my tail, I just might get it done. I don't know if I can take the strain on my nerves though!!

Boy, I sure hope the guy who's going to help me move still comes through... without his truck & trailer, I'm doomed! There's no way I'll get a U-Haul on such short notice!

AAAAAAAUGHH!! !! okay.... breathe..... just breathe.... gotta' get some sleep so I can drive to the angry in-laws for Christmas tomorrow. Wish me luck... I'm gonna' need it!

I'm also probably not going to spend as much time in here.... I've been wasting time here instead of packing!

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 7:29 am

OK all that is worthy of a panic attack.

Moving during the holidays, what were you thiking?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 7:59 am

As am I [for no reason other than being alive].

I kinda stopped counting how many I have in a day.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 8:01 am

BlueMax wrote:
AAAAAAAUGHH!! !! okay.... breathe..... just breathe.... gotta' get some sleep so I can drive to the angry in-laws for Christmas tomorrow. Wish me luck... I'm gonna' need it!

Chances are you are hyperventilating in which case you are breathing too much not too little, with the symptoms you describe. Your blood will be too oxygenated, this will increase the state of panic release more adrenaline, increase the heart rate. Get a paper bag and breathe into that for a while. Unless you are very unfit you are not likely to have a heat attack, and you would of had it by now. If anything it is actually quite healthy for your heat to have a work out.

I have had panic attacks where I have held my breath, but there were quite rare and usually a reaction to not wanting to draw attention to myself in a busy place. It think it is pretty unlikely you are doing this because you heat rate would drop.

If you are hyperventilating and your jaw lock take this as a good thing rather than a bad. it is self defeating it will stop you breathing too fast.