Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 5:06 pm

An example of typical, normal, appropriate, well-adjusted, commendable, considerate, acceptable, conventional NT attitudes that cause me excruciating pain:

NTs who take pride in their gentleness/diplomacy and so when they don't like something I do, they hint so gently/diplomatically that I don't notice (of course, my AS at play) and then when I don't change my behavior, efface themselves ever so gently/diplomatically, leaving me in painful shock because there was no way I could see it coming.

Then they hate me, because they feel that they told me repeatedly and I wouldn't take heed.

God, why does life have to be like this? It's so painful!

(Feel free to add yours)

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Jan 2008, 5:40 pm

I've had that happen so much, that I've lost count. In fact, the curious thing is that no single episode seems to stand out. It's like they've blended together into a separate entity, or something, LOL. I can remember end results, where someone would suddenly start screaming at me, and accusing me of being manipulative, scheming, etc. And I would be totally stunned, having not seen it coming. This was usually employer, training situations.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 6:53 pm

Easy (for NTs) to be hard topic

I keep hearing that Three Dog Night Song. I must be of a certain age...

At any rate, these are the socially inept entities who keep telling us that we have the problem. Talk about projection of feelings...

Recently I found some old social psychology books I had picked up somewhere that I used to read to figure out how to "relate" to NTs. What I have always found secretly amusing is that these are the people who are supposed to be so socially adept. So why do they write and need books that teach them how to be social??? :lol:

Do not feel low, Greentea. Those twits who were hard on you are the ones that need to read these social psychology books. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 7:40 pm

I term this "the ESP game." I don't got no bloody ESP.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 7:57 pm

nobody has ESP. nothing to be ashamed of here.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 8:59 pm

nutbag wrote:
I term this "the ESP game." I don't got no bloody ESP.

You are so right. It IS the ESP game.

The reason that so many of us don't develop "empathy" with NTs is because so many of them deliberately withhold the opportunity to do so.

aspiewhostandsalone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2008, 2:50 am

I agree 100%

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jan 2008, 4:13 am

Half of them are winging it themselves, LOL.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 4:50 am

I agree Greentea. A kind but direct question or pointer helps so much more. NTs wouldn't even have to be rude, they could just say what they mean and without the judgement too that so often comes when we make a mistake.

NTs are far too involved with each other, it just cannot be healthy.

AOwpr
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2008, 4:57 am

I've had that happen to me on the internet; I got booted from an online clan because the leader behaved that way. :evil:

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 8:56 am

hartzofspace wrote:
Half of them are winging it themselves, LOL.

Most of them aren't even asked to play the losing side. It's a game that sets the other person up to lose.