Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Cyrano
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2008, 11:55 am

Sigh.

So today I had a panic attack in my French class.

I know that sometimes Asperger's manifests itself in slightly more public ways, but since I'm on the high-functioning end, I usually refrain from banging my head against walls in class and really doing anything aberrant. It's just me. I'm not trying to offend anyone by saying I have more control, I really didn't until now, but...just sayin'.

It was a really bad one, though. I've been on and off my Celexa, thus the panic attack in the first place, but I really didn't expect this to be...so awful. The worst part was that my boyfriend happens to be in the same French class, and although I know he accepts me for who I am, I really don't like it when the anxious, Aspergian, nutty part of me shows up. It got to the point where I was so jittery that he had to put his hand over mine to get me to stop freaking out. Sure, it calmed me down immediately, but nevertheless...embarrassing.

I even know what triggered it. I was thinking about him...going to college, all that, and simultaneously, doing pretty badly on the verbal responses in French and getting very embarrassed by my actions. I turned beet red and got cold and hot at different intervals, felt like I couldn't breathe, and I just wanted to cry because it was completely and entirely out of my control.

The girls across the room [five in our French class, Geoffrey and me on one side, three girls on the other, teacher up front] laughed when they made mistakes, and I don't understand why I couldn't do that. This is really annoying for me, and I'm dying to know...well, what to do. I hate having to see myself looking like a total disfunctional idiot and in addition to that, having Geoffrey witness this tiny breakdown.

And right now, my spelling sucks.

Help me. :(

username88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 12:04 pm

One reason Ill never use meds ever again.. They never did much for me in the first place.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Feb 2008, 12:12 pm

i used to get really bad panic attacks not so much anymore but the feeling can be descibed as having thoughts about dying and then dissapering, and seeing a ball in my mind get bigger and smaller. a few years ago when this happend i would faint from the anxiety, once i had one in the hallway and fell over right there :lol: