Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

How do you usually feel after talking to NT's (random people, family or doc's)?
Tired 43%  43%  [ 23 ]
Blah 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
I talk to NT's? 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
OK 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Happy 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Angry 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nervous 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Sad 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 54

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2008, 8:56 pm

I went and talked to a counselor at the college today. I told her that I thought I had aspergers and she didn't tell me I didn't. They don't diagnose anything there, but she got me talking and did the asking me about things, why I thought I was aspie and other stuff. She asked me what I wanted to do with the counseling center. I got to tell her "I want to be able to communicate with my roommates," and i told her about the issues i've been having with them (they move my friggin stuff). I feel better now. Even without talking to them. But I talked for about 45 minutes then went and took an accounting test and now I just wanna go to sleep. But I can't cause my brain won't shut down.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

other, I feel frustrated because either I can't find the right words to convey what I want. Or I do say the right thing and it's received poorly. Or the person wasn't interested in the first place. My mom used to ask me questions and then change the subject while I was talking. Or forget what I said and act as though I never told her.

LVBen
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2008, 10:42 pm

I don't see my answer up there...

-Confused-

Did not they not understand what I said? Did they really just say that to me? etc...

chocolate_kitties
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Feb 2008, 6:01 am

I feel fine after talking to them. I'm glad it's over 8)

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 7:22 am

I put 'tired', though 'overwhelmed' would be better.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 9:41 am

SilverProteus wrote:

Yeah, I think overwhelmed or just drained would be my closest choice. Not always, and not everyone, but generally interacting with others is just draining for me. It's weird because sometimes I'm great, and appear to be really helpful and nice and normal, and other times I can't even talk to people and just freak out and avoid/runaway from a situation or phone call or whatever. My mom can't understand why I'm different like that. I didn't used to either, but I think sometimes I've just kind of reached my limit with dealing with the outside world.

I used to just think I was a freak, but now I think it's just AS...or "depression" if I'm to believe this idiot psychologist I saw :roll:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Feb 2008, 11:00 am

im usually a little nervous, and self coinsious maybe a little angry ?

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 1:05 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

Yeah, I think overwhelmed or just drained would be my closest choice. Not always, and not everyone, but generally interacting with others is just draining for me. It's weird because sometimes I'm great, and appear to be really helpful and nice and normal, and other times I can't even talk to people and just freak out and avoid/runaway from a situation or phone call or whatever. My mom can't understand why I'm different like that. I didn't used to either, but I think sometimes I've just kind of reached my limit with dealing with the outside world.

Some places really do it for me. Antwhere overcrowed.

If I could wear Image I would. That might look a bit odd, though. :?

;)

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 1:23 pm

Yeah, crowds are worse for me too. The fewer the people, the easier it is to follow what's going on, the less "inputs" there are I guess.

LogicAndJeans
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2008, 9:16 pm

Drained. Mostly I just need some me time afterwards. I'm with Wolfpup - it's worse if there are crowds.

As for your brain not shutting down - maybe something relaxing is in order... read a book, have a hot chocolate, chill in front of the tv... I dunno.. but do something so your mind can shut down.

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 9:20 pm

I feel annoyed/irritated, but that is not a choice.

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2008, 9:31 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

drained

That's more like it.
After a whole week of school I'm at my limit, and I basically hole up w/ the computer. Thankfully this we I got two whole days off because of exams. I did well at exams too, so I don't feel guilty [but that's totally off topic]....
Mostly I feel stressed and drained after talking to NT's. I dunno why though; I tend to talk very little, but just being around them for 8 hours a day does me in.... :x

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 2:49 am

That depends on many things, how long Ive talked to them, what I was talking to them about, hmm the overall surroundings of the interaction. If its been for a while, I'll feel drained. If it was a sitmulating conversation, my brain cant stop going. In some cases I feel confused, most of the time Im ok, if it was an uncomfortable situation I get depressed. For one I live around NTs 24/7 being in a dorm so Im used to it.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2008, 2:56 am

Yeah, overwhelmed would be the closest I can think of.