Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 3:07 pm

I hate returning items. I feel so awkward. It's much easier to buy something but returning something makes me worry about getting everything back into the box and nervous about having to talk to the cutomer service people. I've not returned defective stuff because of this.

Rebates also make me nervous and I screw them up because of all the silly hoops they make you jump through to get them.

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2008, 3:28 pm

i just don't do either of them. Problem solved. :)

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 3:31 pm

Could you type out a letter explaining why it is defective and maybe post it back to the store with your email address in case they want to contact you?
Or could you find someone you are comfortable with to either go with you or take it back themselves?

Thelostcup
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2008, 3:33 pm

Similar thing with restaurants for me.

I don't like bugging waiters/waitresses, it seems like I"m insulting htem.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 4:01 pm

Returning items is a big pain for me too but I'm aware of my rights.

If I'm returning something related to my special interests (eg: a DVD) then I can do it but if it's anything else, I can't.

Last weekend I asked for a Bundy and Coke at a bar/restaurant and they gave me a bourbon and coke (I forced myself to drink it rather than return it).

I'm also a bit too specific about returning things - eg: If I'm returning a DVD, I'll tell how I've tried it in four players and how you can see the start of Layer Rot etc...

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2008, 4:23 pm

gbollard wrote:
Returning items is a big pain for me too but I'm aware of my rights.

If I'm returning something related to my special interests (eg: a DVD) then I can do it but if it's anything else, I can't.

Last weekend I asked for a Bundy and Coke at a bar/restaurant and they gave me a bourbon and coke (I forced myself to drink it rather than return it).

I'm also a bit too specific about returning things - eg: If I'm returning a DVD, I'll tell how I've tried it in four players and how you can see the start of Layer Rot etc...

And of course this makes even more problems as from what I've read... excessive detail is a sign that you're lieing because no one remembers details like that. grrrr

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 10:18 pm

I am horrible at returning things. Normally, I end up giving things away if the don't fit or something else...because I hate returning anything. There are very few things that I return. If I let it go for more than a day or two, odds are, I'll bite the bullet and not get my money back.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 10:46 pm

I don't like returning things, either. Also don't like the third degree about whys and wherefores. :roll:

In fact have some conditioner I need to return to Costco and I'll probably get around to that in July. I should stick to the beauty supply store *sigh*

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 10:53 pm

I have no problem returning items. I do it on a consistent basis. I bought a computer last year, I left it unopened for a week, returned it the day after. They asked "What is wrong with it?" trying to see if I had opened it. "Nothing, I just don't want it. Where are your other computers?"

There are times when I just don't really care though. If they added an ingredient that I didn't like, I'll just go with it.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 10:59 pm

I think, as the gracious hostess and creator of this thread, that I ought to be replying but the whole subject matter about returning things is making me too nervous. Why did I start this thread?! !

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 11:17 pm

I hated returning things for mom. She would always lose the reciept and I got treated like a thief.

Now i return things all the time.

Sometimes if its something I dont think theyll take back with out good reason I'll break it.

I think if I got to try things out in the store I'd buy less.

I am obsessive about returning otherwise I'd be obsessive about hoarding.

You hate doing it because its slow, sucks and its painful. Noone is supposed to like it.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 11:17 pm

OregonBecky wrote:
I think, as the gracious hostess and creator of this thread, that I ought to be replying but the whole subject matter about returning things is making me too nervous. Why did I start this thread?! !

Because the idea of not being able to return items is irrational?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Feb 2008, 11:19 pm

im order shy and also hate returning items to the store

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 11:40 pm

oscuria wrote:
OregonBecky wrote:

Some animals cringe when you try to pet them, even when they know that you won't hit them. I'm irrational like that.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 12:13 am

OregonBecky wrote:
oscuria wrote:
OregonBecky wrote:

Some animals cringe when you try to pet them, even when they know that you won't hit them. I'm irrational like that.

Yes, it sucks knowing something is irrational, yet you're not able to really keep from doing/not doing it.