Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 10:33 pm

I need some advice on how not to get into an endless talk about things that people are not interested.

I was speaking to someone about class, and realized what I was doing and stopped. I said I was sorry, yet I was so

happy about class. She said she like the fact I enjoyed the class, yet she did not understand some of the concepts I was

speaking about. I am taking Jacksonian American History, and was speaking about some of the Supreme Court

cases that happened.I have been more careful , and just need some pointers for I do not want to be seen as pushy.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 8:02 am

I cured myself by not talking about my interests at all, unless I'm asked, and then only one or two phrases.

djoek
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2008, 9:15 am

Same here, only talk about it with someone who you are sure about wants to listen (he/she might have the same interest). In any other case don't start unless you are asked a question. My experience is that people who know me simply don't ask because they know i'll talk too long about it ;)

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 12:11 pm

Thank you for you help and understanding.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 1:48 pm

Greentea wrote:
I cured myself by not talking about my interests at all, unless I'm asked, and then only one or two phrases.

I had to learn to do that as well.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 3:00 pm

Greentea wrote:

Me too.