Amusing Description of Perseverations!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2005, 11:53 am

Quote:
They usually have a circumscribed area of interest which usually leaves no space for more age appropriate, common interests. Some examples are cars, trains, French Literature, door knobs, hinges, cappucino, meteorology, astronomy or history.

I found the above to be most gigglicious! I'm surprised they didn't specify that interests in French literature and science pertained to HFA and door knows and coffee to LFA!

I'm sorry, perhaps no one shares my sense of humour, but I'm loving the irony of "Perseverations? Of course: I am really rather fixated on modes of transport, scientific study and cappucinos"! Do not Aspies frequently display what is referred to as 'an encyclopaedic knowledge' of their area of perseveration? Just how much is there to know about a good cappucino!

Methinks someone needs to learn about a wonderful little think called... STIMMING! :lol:

Thanks to everyone who has been forced to put up with my amused ramblings! :D

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2005, 12:38 pm

PhoenixKitten wrote:
Quote:
They usually have a circumscribed area of interest which usually leaves no space for more age appropriate, common interests. Some examples are cars, trains, French Literature, door knobs, hinges, cappucino, meteorology, astronomy or history.

I found the above to be most gigglicious! I'm surprised they didn't specify that interests in French literature and science pertained to HFA and door knows and coffee to LFA!

I'm sorry, perhaps no one shares my sense of humour, but I'm loving the irony of "Perseverations? Of course: I am really rather fixated on modes of transport, scientific study and cappucinos"! Do not Aspies frequently display what is referred to as 'an encyclopaedic knowledge' of their area of perseveration? Just how much is there to know about a good cappucino!

Methinks someone needs to learn about a wonderful little think called... STIMMING! :lol:

Thanks to everyone who has been forced to put up with my amused ramblings! :D

I'm taking French Literature I this semester; and, believe me, it's not an interest!

Seriousness: I prefer the actual French language.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2005, 8:20 pm

My interests have never been particularly and inordinately quirky. Except for maybe Musicals when everyone else was into modern movies and music.

Most of my interests have been slightly unusual but not odd. Only odd in the amount upon which they were perseverated.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2005, 9:49 pm

Yes. I think that the culture should evolve into something where people are constantly stimming in all sorts of ways obviously and blatently. All people. The reason we do it is the reason any person anywhere does anything.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 3:05 am

I fixate on Almanacs, military aviation books, Star Trek books, Bibles various translations, and the internet.