Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 7:38 pm

Most of you who have taken the aspie tests don't receive the maximum possible score. This can only mean one thing: You're not 100% autistic! Somewhere within you is a scared little NT who wants to talk about sports, fashion, and peer gossip!

What NT thought have you been wanting to say but unable to for fear that someone might find it too unautistic and possibly even offensive to autistry in general?

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:08 pm

Well,I have been told that I have better social and communication skills than the average aspie,but I don't like to think of myself as superior to other aspies because of that.They also told me that I am more conifident and braver,although I'm not sure what they meant by that.

-SpaceCase :)

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:31 pm

I'm figuring out how to play the office politics game at my workplace more and more every day. It's just like any other crappy legacy database system I have to learn about and maintain. 8)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:31 pm

The main reason for my "low" score in the tests is because I have several symptoms of ADD. I cannot concerntrate, and I cannot stick at things, even if I love doing them.

I have heaps of NT thoughts all the time, and I already know I am not 100% "autistic". I feel like i'm in limbo between autistic and NT.

I always gossip about fashion, other people, shopping, and other stuff. I never talk about intense stuff, and most of you have probably noticed my posts here are always short.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:43 pm

Over the years I have learned to gossip about stuff and what not despite the fact I don't really feel like doing such.

Just tonight I went to a science class study group. The people their spent most of the time talking crap about the other professors which I joined in with earnest since I've had crappy professors on campus.

The people loved me.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:54 pm

the weather's been quite pleasant recently...

thank goodness i finally got that off my chest.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:59 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Somewhere within you is a scared little NT who wants to talk about sports, fashion, and peer gossip!

Well....I do have a thing for period clothing :oops:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 9:06 pm

TheBladeRoden wrote:

Is that what women used to wear in the old days when they had their period? :?

jman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 9:16 pm

Im getting sick of this whole "NT " "autistic" segragation, it's getting really old and childish.

Everyone is an idvidual Period(no pun intended :-P ) despite what label they have been smacked with.

NeantHumain no offense but sometimes your posts are really irritating to read. :evil:

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2005, 11:00 pm

I agree with the whole AS/NT divide. Just because I watch football or I try to read the bible doesn't make me any more NT or any less AS and the othe way around.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 1:42 am

jman wrote:
NeantHumain no offense but sometimes your posts are really irritating to read. :evil:

I agree, sometimes they seem really anti NT, and sometimes they seem like you're purposly trying to say irritating things, the the whole stealing peoples girlfriend thing.

I'm going to make a new sig dedicated to jman, I was laughing about something else last night.

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2005, 5:35 am

I watch sope shows
And I own 34 pairs of shoes but I don’t know if that is NT or a bit of the old AS compulsion coming through.

Really people there is a difference between ‘anty’ and having interesting and fun debates and talks about stuff. I think it may just be the way NeantHumain is phrasing it that is putting your back up. NeatHumain Please don’t tone it down I love reading your posts they are always worth it.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:24 am

I don't naturally flap or rock nowadays! 8O :cry: But I recently found out that I flapped as a kiddy: I feel better now! :wink:

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:31 am

hale_bopp wrote:
TheBladeRoden wrote:

Is that what women used to wear in the old days when they had their period? :?

no, period as in time period...historical clothing....actually some period clothing is one of my obsessions(esp. Regency England and colonial American)

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 9:00 am

I have been told that I have excellent self-awareness-- even better than most NAs. (Autties often have, so the literature goes, very poor self-awareness.) But it doesn't seem to help me within the problematic situations, themselves, but only afterwards in contemplation of the aforementioned situations.

I just consider myself lucky.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 10:59 am

Don't worry, you guys. I don't hate all NTs. In fact, my family's pretty much NT (although I suspect a few autistic traits run especially heavily on my mother's side of the family). Most people I know are NT, and I don't dislike the vast majority of them (I can't really say I dislike many people at all).