Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2005, 1:35 pm

As you all know football season is around the corner, I really despie football but my NT husband loves it!! I was just wondering if Aspie guys like football as much as NT guys. For girls, i don't think it matters, we all hate football.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2005, 4:53 pm

I love it!

Pats to threepeat.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2005, 5:07 pm

Yeah, I'm not much of a football player or watcher (except for the Superbowl), but I like crosscountry and soccer. I also don't like watching all sports on t.v. because I really like being out there to watch; it feels as though I've done something, and I could say that I actually saw the play. The only reason I watch the Superbowl is because of the commercials, since most of them are awesome. Are you talking about American football, or futbol?

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2005, 5:48 pm

Yes it would help if you mentioned if its american football you mean because pretty much everywhere else in the world football means what americans call soccer.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2005, 9:41 pm

I enjoy football. At my university I'm transferring to, they have won two back to back confrence titles in 2003 and 2004.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2005, 10:27 pm

To me (and for others) watching Am. football on TV is better than live at the game. I don't know why, maybe the close-up of the scrimmage area? High School games can be enjoyable in person since the stands are usually closer to the action, closer to the action than the pros, and it can bring school pride out. But NFL games seem more better on the tube probably because it is harder to see the whole action at live games. Reason two because of the weirdos in the stands, especially the Raiders. Reason three: replays, replays, instant replays. and a million different angles.

Baseball on the other hand is the opposite. I watch it on TV to fall asleep.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2005, 11:14 pm

I have no interest in watching sports. Participating in some sports is another matter. I don't like to watch or play football, though.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 11:16 pm

I like College Football over Pro Football.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2005, 8:18 am

Well, no one in my family is football (American football, that is) fans, but they're all baseball fans. Every day we have to listen to the baseball game (or watch it if it's on TV). I'm just glad that the regular season is over for baseball and they aren't going to the play-offs. :)

Knasher
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2005, 4:43 pm

I remember when I was a kid my father used to bring (drag) me to hurling games. I spent the entire first half waiting so I could go to the shop and buy sweets... I liked the sweets but the rest of it was kinda boring.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:07 am

In Australia, we have heaps of football codes:

Rugby League
Rugby Union
Aussie Rules
Soccer

Probably too many really. I follow Rugby League, it's a quite technical game. If NFL is like chess with people, League is like Speed Chess. Our football season just finished with the mighty Wests Tigers winning and proving that Sydney is the sporting capital of Australia.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:59 am

I have never seen American football, but I don't see what the big deal is about rugby, which most people are obsessed with here.

It must be a guy thing.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2005, 7:11 am

Where I come from, The Alabama vs Auburn football game is such a big deal that family arguments have started over it. For most of my life I never understood what the big deal about the game was. Of course now I cheer for Auburn. However, if Alabama and Auburn are such rival schools, how come nobody gets all heated when they play each other in other sports such as swimming, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, etc.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:56 am

Yays, football we just finished!! ! :D :lol: