Does it bother you that you don't have love in your life?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Does it bother you that you don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband in your life?
Yes, it depresses me. 64%  64%  [ 54 ]
I wish I had one, but it doesn't bother me. 27%  27%  [ 23 ]
I don't care about having a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband in my life. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 85

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2008, 1:49 pm

When I say love, I mean girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband. I am not referring to parents or children.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:02 pm

Short answer, yes.

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2008, 2:06 pm

It's the main reason I wonder why I get up in the morning and why I've set a deadline of 08-22-2010 for not being alone.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:19 pm

The fact that I have never had love in my life is the primary source of my depression and rage. In fact over the weekend the barrier that keeps me sane started to crack. I was depressed but suddenly something in my head snapped and I just wanted to get up and start breaking stuff. I managed to stop myself but for a while I had uncontrollable laughter and this sadistic smile that wouldn't leave my face. I'm better now, but if I don't find a girl friend soon, that barrier will collapse and who knows what I might do.

I want to accept the fact that I'll never find love but I can't. It would be so much easier if I could.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:32 pm

Yeah, it does make me a little sad that I don't have a boyfriend.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:58 pm

Someone has to come up with a cure for loneliness.

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2008, 3:06 pm

Since people with AS are so sensitive, I firmly believe that we want for love more than NTs. I believe that wanting it so much is one of the reasons we don't have it.

Another reason.

The expression "You have to be in love with yourself before someone else will love you" is true.

Last edited by JWRed on 07 Apr 2008, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LCD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2008, 3:07 pm

Having someone around me keeps me sane and prevents my personality changing due to outside influences, so yeah I would like someone permenent around me to talk to. :cry:

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 3:07 pm

It does bother me. Having the same needs and desires as everyone else is the hardest part about having Asperger's syndrome.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 3:39 pm

Putting it simply: it bothers me that this bothers me so much.

You'd have thought I'd have got used to the solitude enough at this point to just consider it my default setting and be done with it...

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 3:49 pm

Yes, it depresses me.

Those who know, don't speak.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2008, 4:26 pm

Yeah.

I really want to fix this problem.

I didn't find anybody in college (I suppose I met one or two possibilities, but I was too socially ret*d to make anything happen), and I've dropped out now. I want to join some groups where I could possibly meet a woman with a similar mind, such as an aspie group if one exists where I happen to be, and "high IQ societies" like Mensa (there are some more selective ones too that I want to join, but they're not as big).

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 4:38 pm

it bothers me a bit,,atm,, but,,,,who needs boys in this world????
seriously,,,
ive got my fabulous friends instead :D
xx

Seth36
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Apr 2008, 4:40 pm

Yeah it does, I'm not certain as to whether I have aspergers or not, seems pretty likely I meet all the criteria and got scored high on the test for it but I've also had somewhat of a traumatic past that has probably contributed as well, if nothing else though I know from previous experience that even in the rare occasions where i do meet someone it gets rapidly destroyed by another problem i have which the only way i can describe is a complete inability to feel positive emotion, i've never had a single feeling of happiness in my entire life, and any kind of closeness freaks me out, partly probably as i may have aspergers but also because i'm not used to signs of affection, my childhood experience was like a scene from Hostel crossed with an NSPCC advert so i'm only used to feeling pain and depression and that pushes people away.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 4:41 pm

I have gotten to a place where I am happy single. Lookign after Damein and the house takes up so much time and energy I haven't got much left to give. I need to look after ME as well and a man in my life could jepodise that. But there are times where I do wish I had a partner.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 4:47 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm simply gifted. A gifted weirdo who suffers from mild dysphoria and wants something reasonably classy to attach it to that still satisfies this generalized sense that something is wrong. Perhaps I should just grow up and find something that's worth worrying about.

The thing is, I have a boyfriend, and yes, I'm very happy with him. There is a great deal of empathy between us. I don't have any trouble parsing people's emotions, and, to tell you the truth, there have been times that I've practically been able to read someone's mind. If I actually concentrate on someone's facial expression, it surprises me how much insight I can get into their thought processes. It's part of the reason for my weird empathy for animals and children. I like to watch them think. Particularly crows, actually. I like to try to wrap my mind around what could be going on in those incredible, little minds that have manifested abilities so very like ours.

Before meeting my boyfriend, though, no: I never felt the least bit lonely. Ever. I was happy as a recluse. My life was on an upswing, and I had become a happy hermit. I just happened to run into him, somewhere along the line. If not for him, though, I'd still be on my own, and I'd still probably be one of the happiest, little introverts in the world.