Are you fussy about the temperature of your food?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ponies
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2009, 3:15 am

I am really fussy about the temperature of my food. I like it to be nice and hot if supposed to be hot and cold if supposed to be cold.

I get annoyed when I dish up my dinner, say a casserole or a roast and as I eat it, it starts going cold.

Or, when I buy takeaway and by the time I have it home, my chips have started to cool down and my burger is cool on the outside. Not cold, but not hot either.

I want to heat it back up in the microwave but it feels silly to have to do that because nobody else seems to need to do it.

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 4:06 am

I think most people are bothered about that to some degree but just too lazy to do anything about it.

I was married to a man who liked to take a long time drinking his coffee. I mean hours. So he took an old coffee machine and disconnected all the coffee making parts, just leaving the bottom warming plate where the jug stands, and that's what he used as a coffee cup warmer. I guess you'd need a rather larger gadget for a dinnerplate, but I am sure it could be done.

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2009, 4:08 am

I'm actually the complete opposite. I hate eating hot food. I like my food temperature anywhere between lukewarm and frozen...I like eating peas and sweetcorn in their frozen state. Is that...odd?
I actually find eating hot food very uncomfortable...if my mum plonks a Sunday roast in front of me I will purposefully wait for it to cool down. I suppose that's silly. I don't know. I've never met anyone else who eats this way.
So in responce to your question, I am fussy about the temperature of my food.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 4:25 am

I'm not a fan of hot foods cooling off, but I also scarf down my food, so there's not much time for it to happen. However, I absolutely have to have my drinks at the right temperature. If it's an iced drink, it needs to be freezing, almost slushy like. If its a hot drink, there had better be steam pouring off of it.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2009, 5:21 am

I am not fussy about food temperatures.

I like to buy frozen burritos. Sometimes I'll only slightly cook them, so they're a little cool on the inside. Other times I'll warm them up completely.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 5:22 am

yes. fussy about temperatures. Need extremes in heat and cold in teh same way I need extremes in salt/chilli powder flavour. nothing moderate.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 5:50 am

Alphabetania wrote:
I guess you'd need a rather larger gadget for a dinnerplate, but I am sure it could be done.

I have it - an electric hot plate for just one plate. I eat dinner on it every day. I only cook for one, so I heap all the food onto my plate in the kitchen and then eat at the dinner table. I'm a slow eater, and the food would go cold if I didn't use the hot plate.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 6:20 am

The only temperature thing I'm fussy about is making sure that certain foods are hot enough to kill bacteria. I don't want food poisoning. Apart from that, food temperature isn't a big deal to me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

livinglearning
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2009, 6:26 am

I don't see how people drink tea and eat soup the way they do. I always have to wait a long time to be able to. Or I put some ice cubes in my soup.

Toco
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 May 2009, 7:51 am

If anything I'm the opposite. I don't really care about eating food that's gone cold - it's all good to me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 12:36 pm

I'm not fussy about my temps...my tongue is. If I get impatient and try eating or drinking something before it gets a chance to cool down, I'll burn my tastebuds and not be able to taste anything for the rest of the day.

I don't know how everyone else does it...I don't know anyone else who puts ice cubes in their coffee. They just pick it up and sip it and hope they don't spill it on their lap :roll:

I don't really care if food gets cold, though. Except potatoes. I always try to eat anything that's hot potatoes first, because they don't taste very good when they get cold, even reheated.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 12:58 pm

Everything should be f***ing boiling. Cold things too. Popsicle? Nuke it.

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2009, 1:07 pm

Eh I don't really care, I have no time for food, I must read!
But generally I don't mind, frozen stuff or hot stuff I don't care, as long as its edible and at least tasty enough for me to be happy eating its good by me