Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

have you experienced problems when replying to polls on WP?
no. that has never happened to me. 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
no. that has never happened to me. 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
yes. that happens to me occasionally. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
yes. that happens to me occasionally. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
it has happened to me with THIS poll so i am unable to select this option. arrrghh! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
it has happened to me with THIS poll so i am unable to select this option. arrrghh! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 18

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 7:06 am

recently, when i view a topic with a poll option i am unable to cast a vote as it is already showing the results from the poll. i am certain that it isn't because i have already voted because when it happens it is the first time i have looked at the topic. i demand my right to cast my vote on the important issues of the day! i wondered if the reason why it happens is because the person who created the topic chose to run the poll for a limited time but i've noticed that sometimes it happens on the same day that the topic was started. :?

Last edited by hecate on 13 Oct 2005, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 7:19 am

hecate wrote:
recently, when i view a topic with a poll option i am unable to cast a vote as it is already showing the results from the poll. i am certain that it isn't because i have already voted because when it happens it is the first time i have looked at the topic. i demand my right to cast my vote on the important issues of the day! i wondered if the reason why it happens is because the person who created the topic chose to run the poll for a limited time but i've noticed that sometimes it happens on the same day that the topic was started. :?

Thats funny. I never get any problems voting.

If it was a poll created by Sean, I wouldn't be surprised because he would probably ban liberals from voting. This is a Conservative Only poll.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 1:04 am

I have never have yet any problems voting.

Though I have had problems Smilies :evil:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 3:43 am

If you are trying to vote in an old thread, the time limit for the poll to run may have expired.

jb814
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2005, 3:48 am

I get the same as hecate, but always assumed people were having fun with the idea. Is expiry set when the poll is set up, or is it automatic?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 3:55 am

The author of the thread can choose whether or not to set an expiration date for the poll or to let it run indefinitey. Personally, I just let them run indefinitely on those occasions I do make them.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 4:12 am

Its a glitch in the site code. Just like the rest of these glitches, blame Alex (even though this one is actually built directly into the board code, for some reason)

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 4:34 am

Sean wrote:
If you are trying to vote in an old thread, the time limit for the poll to run may have expired.

i thought that might be the reason but sometimes it happens on the same day that the thread was created. as far as i know, the mimimum length of time for a poll is 24 hours?

:? x 1,000,000