Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2005, 10:03 am

Since graduating from uni im a lot less active and i notice im putting on a little bit of weight. SInce i dont like going out much i dont really want to join a gym.

Ive cut down on snacks and other than lunch an dinner, I only eat when im really hungry.

Anyone know of good exercise regimes which you can do in the house ? :lol:

I dont wanna get fat, i was a chubby teen and hated it !

What do you guys do for regular exercise ?

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 10:52 am

I do pushups in bursts of 50 spread throughout the day and run with my dog. I don't know if that kind of exercise would be best for losing weight (I'm skinny enough as it is), but it does give a great endorphin rush.

I know a little about dieting, though, and I think skipping meals outright is going to backfire. Your body will get used to sucking every ounce of fat out of the meals you do eat. I think a better way to do it is to switch to a steady, low-fat diet.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 11:08 am

i second what ghotistix said. as for exercise - i run every few days, and dance/jig about in my house and then do crunches and arm exercises etc. (if can be arsed) on others.

there are loads of sites on the internet - here's one i found useful. (it's for triceps - follow links for complete workout routines):

http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlift ... tricep.htm

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 11:40 am

I use basic body weight exercises, sit-ups push-ups and the sort, along with the occasional walk. That and vigorous stimming!

thepeaguy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2005, 11:51 am

I currently do a beginner's double total body workout consisting of 12 exercises three times a week, each done in 45 seconds with a minimum of 15 seconds rest, then repeat the workout once more after 2 minutes rest. I'll probably start an immediate one next week as this workout is becoming easier to preform. :p

Here's what the workout involves:

Spotty Dogs
Box Press Ups
Wall Thrusts
Tricep Dips
Punching
Front Lunges
Swimming
Squats (supported)
High Knee Run
Wall Press Ups
Stride Jumps
Dorsal Raise

Last edited by thepeaguy on 12 Oct 2005, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 11:59 am

Get a treadmill for the house or if you have sore joints or back get an exercise bike or some other low-impact exercise equiptment. When im doing exercises in the house i take it in turns doing running, sit-ups and pushups one day and the next day use weights. Weights is important for burning fat and turning it into muscle. If you want to get a punchbag you will find boxing is one of the most fun and beneficial workouts you can get. Keep this up and youll be a beefcake in no time! Remember, no pain! no gain!

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 12:12 pm

I do crunches,sit-ups,push-ups,and sometimes I run/jog.

-SpaceCase :)

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 8:10 pm

300 crunches every morning and some repetitive exercises with a 5-lb weight in each hand in between the sets of 100. I am usually in the middle of this when I post in the mornings.

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Oct 2005, 8:22 pm

Well, humm...I get up every moring around 5am and workout at the gym. But for at home, try walking outside, walking up and down a stair case will help your thighs an buttocks. Also if you get some of the stretchy cord you can do different activities and get a big ball. You can do a lot of things with it......

If you have acess to a pool, trying swiming. Also what will help is eating the right foods, eat healthy stay away from junk food and to much meat. Eat more vegtables, and fruits. Try not to snack and DON'T eat after 7pm. Drink water before reaching for the soda, and try eating a salad before a meat at a meal and you will be fuller and eat less fat.

I promise you if you try these things you will see and feel a difference.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 8:24 pm

I do 20 sets of stims three times a day. ;)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Oct 2005, 8:28 pm

Oh, one other thing that helps..... Massage!! ! If you know someone who can give you a massage, or go to a therapist. Massage is great for helping get rid of toxins that are in the body. It helps getting rid of the fat.......

Oh one more thing!! ! Pyruvate...this is a substance that is in our metabolism that helps us burn calories. We have it naturally in our bodies, but you can take a little extra by pills.. It is safe and is not a stimulant of any kind. It helps you to burn the calories before it has a chance to turn into fat. And when you do exercise, you reach the fat burning stage faster than you would without it.

I have heart disease and I have taken it without any problems. And it works really well, a little exspensive though.

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2005, 8:52 pm

I like going for long walks, it is relaxing and good for burning calories.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 8:58 pm

pooftis wrote:
I like going for long walks, it is relaxing and good for burning calories.

Oh, I get lots of exercise walking too, but it's not something I do voluntarily. I go to a college with a slightly sprawled campus and carry a backpack which is not so slightly heavy.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 9:51 pm

Lately, stimming, typing, and clicking a mouse. :oops:

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 10:08 pm

I try to do a set of 10-20 pushups every day, though I've been forgetting lately. And stretches whenever my neck or other muscles feel sore. I'm probably not doing enough really...

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 10:15 pm

Dej wrote:
Try not to snack and DON'T eat after 7pm.

Hmm... that would be sort of hard because my swim practice doesn't end until 7:30 pm. I also have to eat certain foods (and sometimes more) because if I don't, I get really cranky.

For exercise, I swim fairly regularly. I also do sit-ups and push-ups and various other land training. And if I don't have swim practice, running around campus at school looking for people is a good form of exercise. ;)