Is it hot in here, or am I just weird?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 7:30 pm

Does anyone here have a problem anywhere near this? I'm really, really sensitive to temperature, especially cold, but I often can't tell if I'm overheated by how warm I feel.

I will often need to validate my suspicion that I'm overheating (due to feelings of nausea and wooziness, usually) by asking people around me, "is it hot in here?" When they say yes, I usually reply, "Good" because it means I'm not sick, I just need to take off my jacket. Sometimes I can't even figure out if I'm too cold or too hot; I just know I'm kind of uncomfortable.

I'm guessing a lot of people on here are sensitive to temperature. My main question is is anybody also unable to tell if they're too hot (or cold) by how hot they "feel"?

Last edited by Serissa on 11 Oct 2005, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 8:00 pm

I can't stand heat. I love cold, too much in fact, so much that it's not good for me. My hands can be blue and only a few degrees celcius above zero and I still won't notice I'm cold until I try to pick somthing up and find I can't close my hand.

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2005, 8:07 pm

I get sick in the heat, makes me grumpy too and I tend to zone off and stim until I feel a normal temp again.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 8:19 pm

I'm hot natured,but I prefer the cold to the heat.

-SpaceCase :)

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 8:49 pm

Yeah. And I like heat better than cold.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:30 pm

I like it 75F

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:47 pm

Yes!! ! I am oversensitive to both cold and heat, but I always prefer cold that heat!! ! I say "it's sooo hot!! !" and my dad puts his hand in my forehead because he thinks I have a fever or something...

It's getting hot in herrrre, so take off all your clothes... ---> sorry, i just felt I got to say it...

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:54 pm

I have always been very sensitive to heat. And sometimes I am insensitive to cold but at other times I am supersensitive. It seems very inconsistent.

But in the summers, I have my AC on constant run. And each summer, around August, my AC consistantly breaks down because I've used it so much each summer. And then I complain until I finally call the apartment complex to get someone to come fix it. :?

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:58 pm

sadly, I can't get one of those... it's colombia, and an air conditioner is tooo expensive... wait a minute... it's Colombia, an air conditioner isn't a necessity, we don't have seasons!! !

pernicious_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Oct 2005, 11:01 pm

I love the heat and I hate when its cold or raining

bastards, bring me back 8pm sunsets!

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 11:03 pm

You're not a very good penguin then, are you?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 11:06 pm

hadapurpura wrote:
sadly, I can't get one of those... it's colombia, and an air conditioner is tooo expensive... wait a minute... it's Colombia, an air conditioner isn't a necessity, we don't have seasons!! !

St. Louis has a very humid and hot summer season. This last summer, everything in my apartment felt almost damp because it was so humid. And every summer, people here die because they have no air conditioning or the money to run it. It's usually the old and infirmed who are at the greatest risk. We always have at least a couple deaths each summer.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2005, 2:00 am

I like it cold...

-Tony Mantanna
-Scarface

Say Good Night to the bad guy - Tony Montana
-Scarface

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 2:38 am

I feel both.

I feel the cold alot when other people cant, but the main problem is I feel the heat pretty much all the time, especially at work.

I have sweat rolling all over my body, and I say, is anyone else hot in here? They say no, it's just you, and some even say they're cold.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 2:55 am

I need to feel a comfort zone not to warm not to cold. I like it if it is about 70 degrees to 75 degrees, in my apartment. In the summer I keep it at these levels, and the same in the winter also too. Or I am to cold or hot, temperature that truly various bothers me a lot.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 3:33 am

I got a bit hot under the collar in the mature section... :wink: