Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MercuryAvatar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2005, 11:50 am

It's been so long since I've been sick with the Flu, I'd forgotten just how horrible it was =\

Standing over the toilet in horrible pain, waiting to throw up breakfast and lunch all at once, and eventually doing so, with that horrible taste in my mouth afterwards, being simulataneously freezing and hot/sweaty, having every joint, every muscle in my body ache to be moved, I felt like I'd rather be dead.

Right now, I'm still physically exhausted, but I can't sleep. Yesterday, I'd been waking up about every hour to half hour, making sure to grab a small cup of water each time to combat water loss from the sweating.

My father and brother were both sick too, and are currently in bed. I'm starving for something simple to process like bread, but nobody is in a state to go to the store. If only my father had listened and picked some up yesterday before the sickness overtook him.

I'm thinking of calling a friend and asking them to pick up some bread for me, though they'll probably think it sounds crazy.

Anyway, it's made me think;
Despite for the most part getting by just fine without much interaction with other people, at this point, I dread being alone when something more serious overtakes me. It's only an eventuality that one day I'll be evem more sick, and incapable of taking care of myself. If, while suffering with my family, I feel like I'd rather be dead (only to an extent, I'm still hear and alive, obviously), I can't imainge how I'll feel with nobody else to share the pain with.

I also feel sorry for the dog, who is the active sort that needs 2-3 walks every day, but has nobody to take care of her beyond feeding her, and letting her into the backyard for now.

I don't want to be alone for this, and I'm starving >_<
Someone send me some plain bread so I can toast and eat it =\

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 6:51 pm

I lived alone for about five when I was in my twenties. I knew a number of people in the neighborhood, but not well enough to call on for help.

I never felt so miserable as when I had the flu a couple of times. I didn't just feel like dying, I honestly thought, at the worst of it, that I wasn going to.

But...I didn't.

I don't know, now, if these feelings had anything to do with being an aspie, or if anyone would feel the same.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 8:07 pm

Last time I was throwing up the doctors put something in the iv and I stopped barfing.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 8:27 pm

Errrr... vomit phobia kicking in. 8O

*leaves thread*

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 10:17 pm

Hope you feel better soon. :)

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 11:40 am

In Colombia there's already the first case of "chicken flu" - in chicken, thanks God...