Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

doubletrouble226
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2008, 9:10 pm

Hi. I am new to the group and of need of some help. I will be having my son's transitioning CPSE to CSE transitioning meeting next week. As of now he is listed as a preschooler with a disability but at the meeting we will have to pick a classification for his IEP. We are going to try to get the autism classification rather than the OHI. My son has been diagnosed by drs with high functioning autism pdd-nos but he seems to be Asperger's. I have seen in a posting and a doctor has told me that the autism dx entitles you to five days a week of speech. Does anyone know where it is written so I can present this at my meeting. I have been told that my son's receptive and expressive skills are age appropriate so I might not get speech even though his social language and his ability to use language during times of stress/frustration is impaired (he uses crying and whining instead). Also, if there are anyother requirements that go along with being classified with autism on your IEP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer