Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2008, 6:50 am

sometimes i seem fairly 'normal', and can cope reasonably well, but other times i find EVERYTHING just impossible, and inpenitrble- life is alike an assault...

is this (aspie) normal?
or is everyone (else) more even- the same thngs will bug them the same amount on different days?
sometimes i feel as if i am burning- like my soul is on fire- other times im fine...

toby2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2008, 8:25 am

Quote:
sometimes i seem fairly 'normal', and can cope reasonably well, but other times i find EVERYTHING just impossible, and inpenitrble- life is alike an assault...

yes i am a bit like that me self, not diagnosed yet but i am getting there. in the past before i discoverd aspy or as i would
think some days i was fine and there was nothing wrong with me. i would still be sensative to light an sound and limited on other things
but i would feel fairly normal, some times it might last for a week (kind of) and i would think wow thats it its gone.
then some thing would seem to triger it off, dont know what but i figure i had avoided what ever was the triger for that week or while i was
feeling fairly normal. its realy good to feel normal some times but when it comes back or flares up, how ever you descibe it,
i have tried realy hard to beet it but normaly in the end i have to stay away from people and just do what i feel is right
and realax.

Quote:
or is everyone (else) more even- the same thngs will bug them the same amount on different days?
sometimes i feel as if i am burning- like my soul is on fire- other times im fine

i realy feel for anyone who has this constantly, i figure we are all different in our symptoms some werse then others.
i get that burning thing too and some times aching or pain kind of in me joints and, some times i feel like i am coverd in spiders. 8O 8O
hmm that might be flees from me dog :lol: this morning i had to nip down to tescos and get a flanel and some minty shower jell and give myself a good scrub 8O

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2008, 9:45 am

I too get the up-and-down sort of sensation. It's not that my mood is up-and-down, nor my activity level. It's my receptiveness to the outside world, I think. Some days I just receive more, and those are the days when it is easy to be irritated and overwhelmed. Other days I receive less and am in a more "normal" state.

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2008, 10:57 am

brilliant- thank you! its always good not to feel alone... i can never work out what starts me off- but sometimes i feel life is like walking head on intoa tornado- noise, movement, things hitting you- its impossible!
everyone is just fine outside- but im in this vortext pulling me about- barely able to stand. its so hard to describe... cheers guys!
at least today im fairly ok (though- poss not as have eaten nothing but sweets and done very little- so- i dont feel stressed- but im still not living well...).
but a good day for me, anyway! :D

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 12:07 pm

Look for a PMS connection. It mimics and magnifies a lot of the issues. And makes you crave sugar, have no energy, ect. So, do you get worse around the same time each month?

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 12:24 pm

Yes, me too. The last week or two have been pretty bad for me - in fact, today I feel like I am not really "there" at all & am walking around in a daze.

(I managed to scrape the work pool car against a lamppost this afternoon that I just didn't see - I mean, who in their right mind puts a $%^&*ing lamp-post in the middle of a parallel-parking slot anyway? You can't blame me for not realising it was there!)

I also have been feeling tired, shaky & like I am on the verge of tears for no reason.

Other times, though, I feel really energetic, manage to connect with other people, at least for a short time, and get a lot done. I am wondering if it is because the weather is warmer - I really hate warm, humid weather.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 12:47 pm

I was wondering this myself...I vary from day to day. Some days I'll chat up a storm, and be so hyper that I'll start rolling around on the ground...other days I'll just space out and not say much to anyone. Dunno if it has to do with diet or what. Sometimes I'll turn on my air purifier and the negative ions seem to help a bit.

zghost wrote:
Look for a PMS connection.

I'm a guy, so PMS has a slightly lighter effect on me ;)

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 1:31 pm

bettybarton wrote:
brilliant- thank you! its always good not to feel alone...

Agreed. This is one thing that bothered me -- some days I'm fine. I may stim a little - I never knew what that was before, but did it all the time - and I'm never much for socializing, but I can handle the world quite well. Then something - usually a shake up in my routine or having to be around too many people for too long without a break - will set me off, and I'll be out of it for weeks. I am female, but it doesn't seem to be associated with my menstrual cycle. It has more to do with stress levels.

Patricia

toby2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2008, 1:34 pm

hmm pleased you posted this betty its so good to hear i am not alone myself.

not sure about pms for me though but men can aperently suffer from some simular (i think).

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 5:35 pm

Men can have something similar to PMS? That's news. :o

Anyway, I've felt so damn autistic this evening. I've hardly felt like saying a word and I've been overwhelmed by the slightest of things. Other times, I'm much more on top of things and more communicative. I guess I need to start catching up on the sleep that I've missed out on this week.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 12:19 am

I was just wondering this myself. Some days I am totally normal- on top of the world. Lights and sounds always get to me though. Other days I tend to not be abe to function and be clusmy.
And I space out and don't say much.