Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:14 am

Do you ever experience a deep empty void.. and if so what do you do when this happens!

I usually withdraw like an injured animal

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

24 May 2008, 9:20 am

asplanet wrote:
Do you ever experience a deep empty void.. and if so what do you do when this happens!

I usually withdraw like an injured animal

Unlike the most helpful thing to do (find out what's causing this empty void), I usually try to fill it with food...which doesn't work and only makes me feel ill from over eating.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:30 am

When I was a little kid, I had cases where I would instantly get a foreboding that I had something that *****HAD***** to get done, but I never new what. I would get depression. Today, I get depressed because of a chemical imbalance, or one of my top three dumbest mistakes.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2008, 10:02 am

I wish.

I'm a Nihilist.

That deep, empty void is what I'm seeking... to escape all this matter, chaos, messy nonsense.

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:06 am

i fill the void by collecting...

most everything i see

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 1:03 pm

Exercise. I have to be careful to back off from time to time to avoid overuse injuries. At times it has given me a sense of control when I felt like I was up against a wall with something, but in recent years this reason for doing it has been replaced by other reasons. No matter what happens I can at least make progress on something, and I have made a commitment to taking care of myself. The effects are healthy. My moods have stabilized and I get people noticing the changes in my appearance more and more. I'm not trying to look like Schwartzenegger, and I don't think I ever will. But there have been definite changes, like an awkward feeling like I might knock things over, and a stronger pulse that has been a bit disturbing but I am getting used to it.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2008, 1:36 pm

I... Try to be alone. I get this often. Like a big hole in my chest where my emotions were supposed to have been. I dont know how to fix it, i tend to hide away when it happens.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 2:10 pm

I'm feeling that empty void right now. I don't know how to deal with it other than just to withdraw. I'm supposed to do things today but I've lost the will to get out and do them.

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2008, 2:18 pm

I collect things like crazy. I know it's unhealthy... but when I decide I like something I have to have as many different kinds as I can find. I think it's more than just OCD. But I am always alone and I can't make a friend to save my life so I just collect and collect...go online and search for things to collect....

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 2:34 pm

I just try to act normal and hope nobody notices. Often ends in me feeling more depressed though...

qaliqo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2008, 2:49 pm

Always good walking in the woods, alone with critters, turtle got real timid at being seen today.

Collecting vinyl LPs, books, and neat looking rocks, though material joy is fleeting.

Food fills a void, which has done wonders for me, especially when emptiness devalued the process of consumption - gone all day without eating, wondering why I'm feeling life has no meaning.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 3:34 pm

completely the opposite. With kids, grandkids, overwork, underpay, marital problems, looming foreclosure, etc., I could use some 'void' about now. Where do I apply?...)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 4:54 pm

I get that void feeling when I get tired. It feels like my head is sinking into chaos. Then I feel like I need to stay up late so I can keep my mind filled with something interesting. Of course then the next day is even more hell and I can’t make myself sleep again the next night.

With me I think it’s a side effect of loneliness. Coffee helps me during the day but it’s addicting and makes me feel worse sometimes. Exercise also helps but I hardly ever feel like I have the energy to exercise during the day because I’m always so sleep deprived. It’s a vicious cycle.

pakled wrote:
completely the opposite. With kids, grandkids, overwork, underpay, marital problems, looming foreclosure, etc., I could use some 'void' about now. Where do I apply?...)

Having my life filled stressful unfulfilling activity only makes the void worse for me. Having kids would be my undoing. It would probably kill me.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 6:09 pm

Avoiding the void can be hard, but here are some of the things I do to alleviate it, or at least to take my mind off it:

- Go for a walk.
- Write some more of my short story.
- Do some weightlifting.
- Sleep.
- Listen to music.

I avoid comfort eating, since I'm trying to get my weight down.

Usually, when I'm feeling depressed, I lose the will to have social interaction, so I usually carry out the above activities alone, until I feel better.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:47 pm

When I feel the void take over, I withdraw from people completely, even my family members. I used to try to fill this void with alcohol and various illegal substances, but all they did was turn the void into an abyss. These days, I try to stick to my projects. When an obession kicks in, there's no room for the void.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 12:06 am

Rainstorm5 wrote:
I used to try to fill this void with alcohol..... , but all they did was turn the void into an abyss.

I use to do the same and agree it just caused me so much more pain, I am starting to fill the void since being diagnosed as I allow myself to be different...