Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 4:10 pm

Okay, so I'm posting here again... but anyway... I decided to take the Dr. Amen online ADHD test, and discovered something that omg I have all the symptoms of, fits even better than Aspie for me, Ring of Fire ADHD. Already was DXed ADHD as kid and Bipolar pediatric type as adult (ring of fire is a combo of the two illnesses),
Ummm, regular psychologist or some sort of expert? Brain scan?

Also going to a Bipolar support group, one lady interrupted me and said I seemed Autistic to her, ehh, maybe I left WP too soon.

Edit: I realize the irony the character in my avatar is a pyrokenetic that collects rings...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 5:03 pm

For AD(H)D? Where I live, if done properly, children and adults see a psychiatrist (because usually meds are involved) or psychologist to evaluate their behaviour and fill out lots of ADHD questionnaires and clinically screening scales.

And they're additionally are sent to take tests such as the EEG at a hospital or directly at a neurologist.

IQ tests are the standard procedure where I live to, to test for giftedness and especially to check for un-medicated performance. Usually, people are made to take another IQ test later under the influence of stimulants.

CT is expensive... so if you have a good insurance that covers CTs for ADHD screening, if your doctor likes CTs and make you have one or if it's standard procedure at the place you might have one.

I heard that in the US, they might check for thyroid issues.

Anyway, I feel like pointing out (because I'm not sure if you know?) that it's also possible that a person displays strong ADHD and EEG and CT (and other tests) come back negatively.

But you said you are already diagnosed... so, do you want a re-confirmation that takes AD(H)D, bipolar and PDDs into account and can tell which you have or not have? Because that would best lead you to a professional who has experience with all 3.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 5:38 pm

very expensive... :(

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 7:04 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
very expensive... :(

Yeh, looked up more info and figured that out. I have and appointment with my regular psychatrist in a couple weeks, see what he says. Lady that commented to me about being autistic makes about the 6th person that said that >_>;

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020