What topics are you SUPER focused on right now?

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 6:34 pm

One thing with AS is talking about your interests and only your interests etc. well I've been interested in the Box Office battle of The Dark Knight my family is sick of hearing about the movie LOL! My sisters was like "it's as if you have stock in it or are an actor." LOL! I'm curious if it can beat Titanic. Right now Dark Knight is at $394 MILLION TITANIC made $600 MILLION a TALL ORDER but it has been 3 WEEKS AT NUMBER 1!! ! 1. $158 Million 2. $157 Million (counting Mon-thur.) and then about $79 this past week!! ! that's $394 Million!! ! JUST WOW IMO. (It's an awesome movie BTW)

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 8:35 pm

For me currently psychological issues, nature, and Sonic... get me on those topics and as one of my coworkers said today I just blab on and on...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 8:40 pm

Angnix wrote:
For me currently psychological issues, nature, and Sonic... get me on those topics and as one of my coworkers said today I just blab on and on...

Do ADHD/Bipolar people have such extreme interests and "just blab on and on..."?

I almost got back into the computing I have to do for myself. But I DO spend an inordinate amount of time with languages. Of course, I got adicted to forums, currently mostly this one. 8-(

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 8:45 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Angnix wrote:

Do ADHD/Bipolar people have such extreme interests and "just blab on and on..."?

I almost got back into the computing I have to do for myself. But I DO spend an inordinate amount of time with languages. Of course, I got adicted to forums, currently mostly this one. 8-(

According to what I read both can, in ADHD they call it hyperfocusing. But lots of people say I'm Aspie, so I don't know.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 8:54 pm

Meerkats and getting one for a pet.

03 Aug 2008, 8:57 pm

Wanting a kid.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 5:27 am

Angnix wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Angnix wrote:

I almost got back into the computing I have to do for myself. But I DO spend an inordinate amount of time with languages. Of course, I got addicted to forums, currently mostly this one. 8-(

According to what I read both can, in ADHD they call it hyperfocusing. But lots of people say I'm Aspie, so I don't know.

I thought hyperfocusing was just when you gave all your attention to what you are working with at the time, even to losing track of the time, even to where necessities like food aren't considered.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 5:32 am

What topics are you SUPER focused on right now? - this one perhaps, 'cause I'm replying...

Vimse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2008, 7:34 am

Autism and cataloging my books at Librarything. Have been focused on autism for 1 1/2 year now, and I am starting to get the feeling that people find it annoying.

Ems03
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2008, 8:33 am

Quote:
Have been focused on autism for 1 1/2 year now, and I am starting to get the feeling that people find it annoying.

Same here for the same amount of time.

I can somehow relate autism to everything these days.

It is hard too when you are studying something (formaly). I am trying to study psychology however when I go to research stuff, no matter what the topic is, I all of a sudden realise that I am looking up or writing about autism.

At least it is a little more functional then previous interests such as names and family history.

e.g. "Hi my name is Verity Locke"
me: "Oh Locke, you might be related to my husband"
"Oh okay. What is his name?"
me: "oh no, like that was his great great great grandmother's maiden name. By the way, I like your name, it means truth...."

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 8:33 am

Video games. World War 2. And autism.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 9:01 am

Topics that I'm stuck on at the moment:

My kids. They are, and always have been since they've been born, my obsession. They're well-being is everything to me.

Autism, because it affects my kids, and quite possibly myself. (this one is driving everyone around me crazy)

Paranormal, most specifically Ghost Hunters, and Ghost Hunters International

Discrimination, equal rights I can't stand to see social injustices, and people being treated unfairly. I've always been this way, even since grade school. Most of my short stories (even as far back as 1st grade) were about equal rights for everyone.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 10:45 am

The same thing I've always been focused on - anime.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 10:47 am

I'm going to mention it, which is a rare thing: Star Trek (yes, I'm a walking stereotype).

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2008, 11:04 am

alway into rocks, geological landformations, but one of my current interests is religions, not that I'm religious, but reading about world religions is interesting

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 11:20 am

Topics I'm hyper obsessed with right now:

- Graffiti
- Syndromes (AS, William's, etc.)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Joker and the other Batman villains

Seriously, I can't shut up about these things.