Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2008, 11:00 am

While I'm looking back on my history in preparation for my upcoming appointment, my mother mentioned that as a child, I used to act in a way people would often describe as "animated". My mother never saw it as anything unusual and thought it was cute, however others would comment on it. The best example she gave me was what my second grade teacher told her:
While other kids would raise their hand and simply state an answer to a question, I would stand up and give a more lengthly explanation with what sounds like exaggerated facial and body movements. It eventually died down to only my hands by about 5th grade.
I acted that way mostly with new people and in school. The only time I used it at home and with my mother was when I was talking about a passion of mine, what may or may not be considered a "special interest".
Could this be relative to AS, or could it be something all its own?

Last edited by LolaGranola on 25 Aug 2008, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 11:20 am

What you describe is consistent with behaviors predicted of AS.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 11:23 am

Well I think I act that way if I want to show off, but always as a joke people may not tend to like just gloating.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2008, 12:35 pm

Only when I was happy was I animated, very seldom with other people and hardly ever at school. Now at fifty I can be quite animated in my own house - and enjoy it.