Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 1:26 am

Do yyou like anseraing athings with the most correct, technicaly and basic response.
Do you know how to get to the Arch?
Yes.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2008, 1:37 am

With the extreme exception of the word "basic", yes. I like to give specific, but verbose answers. "Yes," is the most basic, technically correct answer, but "Yes, under conditions X and Y when considering the long term trends of Z. Would you like to see the documents I cited?" is the most correct answer. I've come to the realization that people don't really understand me well. So I now make sure that I am exceedingly through when giving an answer so that there is little confusion.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 1:38 am

Eggman wrote:
Do yyou like anseraing athings with the most correct, technicaly and basic response.

well if it's something I know a lot about i will do the first 2, but not the last one..

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 10:09 am

I answer questions to a degree that person knows which question I'm answering.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 1:49 pm

Yes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 1:50 pm

Hmph.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 1:51 pm

For the most part yes I'll go into big time detail about something I know about. But if I don't know much about something that is being discussed, its quite basic.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 3:36 pm

No, because it's pointless and annoys people.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 9:04 pm

It is more accurate to say I feel compelled to give pedantically correct answers/responses to the pedantically interpreted utterances of others (than to say that I like to do so).

In most situations I strive to enact the 'co-operative principle' when communicating, but I find it both very challenging, and very discomforting.