Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2008, 9:17 pm

How was high school for you?

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2008, 9:20 pm

horrible. I was lucky to have some big friends(a few) that would make sure nobody messedwith me. But for the most part highschool was a bad memory. I met this devil girl that I allowed to unknowingly suck the living life out of me. I'm still not fully recovered................................ :x I hated school from 3rd grade on up.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 9:26 pm

In the beginning a terrible experience but it started to improve by grade 10, somewhat anyway.. I had some friends but was mostly ignored by everyone else. Better than being picked on (but being ignored is also a form of bullying.. it bothered me still back then but today, I am glad I was ignored.. why would I want anything to do with superficial jerks who probably today have kids that will just turn out like them?) Anyway I am just glad it was in the past...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 9:32 pm

Okay. High School ( in my case, high school was only grades 11-12, 9th and 10th grades were at a mid high) wasn't as bad as all the other grades. It was alright but I had so many problems turning in my work and going to school. I skipped a lot of school.
My mom bought me a car and after that I did the worst thing possible, found a boyfriend who was a drop out and quit school. (don't follow my example please) My mom kicked me out of her house because she was so pissed at me for quitting, so I moved in with my boyfriend, his little brother and his mother and they lived in an apartment above these empty shops in the city with no electricity because his mom had no job and had a deliquent account. I got a little bit of money from my dad every month, I shared it with them. I helped them out by driving them places (they were carless). It was nice, like being in a family, sorta.
I stayed with them a while and she started telling everyone I was her foster kid.
But I got tired of it all and moved out, back in with my mother, got a GED and then went to college:)
My high school stint was short and uneventful.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 16 Sep 2008, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brook-lynn20
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2008, 10:21 pm

Terrible.

That's the only way t0 describe it.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 10:24 pm

It was...weird.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 10:36 pm

It had its ups :D and its downs :(. i was just that quiet, smart girl to a lot of people. the first years were horrible and mind bending. my parents threw me in the basic classes so, i was surrounded by a bunch shallow idiots. in 10th grade i accidently switched my history class to college prep and i was eventually put in all college prep classes(except math 8O. its evilness haunts me) i finally formed a tight knit group of friends in my senior year and i had a pretty nice time. of course, there were still the annoying people who asked me, "Why are you so quiet all time?" and this one girl asked me if i hated her. i turned out to be her slight friend but not in the circle of really close friends she had. i was just that girl she would talk to at lunch,ocassionally gym, and had some laughs with in class. i hated the fact that everything was absolutely structured. i liked the feeling that we were all in class or lunch at the same time and felt a sense unity in mind but...other than that it was annoying. the person who really made high school great for me were few friends and my history/speech teacher. i was actually sad when the last day of school came. my history/speech teacher told me that i'll get over this place and move on. he said one day i'll go by the school and think didn't i use to go here? and keep walking. i still miss my friends but it's good that i moved on. i'm trying to get somewhere in life and i can't get there standing still.

my that was a long post for me. 8O i think i need a break...*puts on music and dances around*

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 10:55 pm

First year was hell. Right out of a TV show, with the popular kids picking on the unpopular nerdy kids (i.e., me). In response, I was angry and shut off to all of them, and quite often got in trouble, either for lashing out or for simply not going to classes where I knew I would be picked on and the teacher would do nothing. Most people pegged me as the next major school shooter, but that didn't stop them from making my life hell whenever they felt like it. Even the teachers joined in.

10th and 11th grade were better... I had some friends, and people for the most part didn't bother me. However, the leader of that group of friends was intensely critical of me and ended up just using me for money, and because of her actions, our group more or less fell apart. Also, the school started to realize I wasn't just a "problem child," but an asset for them once I stopped being pushed around all the time and feeling like I was under attack, so I had some more leeway. Still some power struggles with teachers, just not as bad.

12th grade was probably the most stressful in terms of things going on in my life, but socially the easiest. Both the school and my peers realized that I was really smart and I could be of help to them given the chance - the school knowing that if they stopped fettering me with all these petty regulations, I could be everything from their school pianist to their science fair champion to the person most likely to go to an Ivy League-level school, and the students realizing that if they were nice to me, I would proofread their papers and help them do well in group projects. Also, a couple of students transferred in that year, and even though they were popular kids, they were the good sort of popular ones, and made an effort to be nice to me, which helped in the general student body's perception of me.

I ended up graduating with a 4.3, getting accepted into a lot of the schools I applied for including the one I wanted to go to, Smith College, winning 2nd place in the County Science Fair, becoming a National Merit Finalist, winning an award in History and performing piano at my graduation. I definitely wouldn't repeat high school, but parts of it were not nearly as bad as I had expected in my freshman year.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:53 pm

apparently better than many other peoples' HS, given the hell stories I hear from people I know who went to suburban schools, etc. I went to a city high school that was nice and small (600 students), the people generally weren't dicks (with exceptions) and I managed not to get involved in that social BS by simply staying out of it.

Heron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2008, 11:56 pm

Hell on Earth.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 10:25 am

It mostly sucked...but then again, so did most of my early educational years.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 11:20 am

For me, each day in high school was a good way to ruin a good day.

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2008, 11:29 am

Pretty boring: it felt like I wasn't doing anything or getting anywhere that I'd find personally satisfying. I didn't get picked on like I did in junior high, but I was still pretty apathetic about everything in general.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 11:56 am

It was like having to walking through hell every single day.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 12:41 pm

It sucked, I was 14 when I got into grade 10, where everyone else was a year or 2 older then me, the
jocks took an instant disliking to me, there were a few who were 18 in most of my classes, who felt that
picking on the small guy made them cool.

Magique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2008, 12:51 pm

High school was long, long ago. I would have graduated in 1975. I was the typical underachiever, which simply meant that I wouldn't do any of the homework. No homework, but average grades since I aced the tests. I wasn't picked on all that much, probably because I was quiet and a girl. Ignored, oh yes. But, since my family life was hell I ended up running away and dropping school in my sophomore year. I had my GED and was in college 6 months before the rest of my class graduated. I was surprised how much different college is from high school.