AUTISMOPHOBIA - What should this mean?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2021, 11:19 pm

I had recently published a video shedding some light on a new term that would work effectively with the autism community to explain such discrimination when certain groups of people reject individuals who are autistic or that employers don't employ autistic individuals due to the fact they're autistic. Also this would reflect upon those who refuse to listen or hear from autistic individuals even if the autistic individual is right.

Autismophobia could also have it's second meaning when an individual who is autistic don't want to be autistic and feel negative about it. This will be the driving force for autistic individuals who commit suicide just for the sake that they don't want to be autistic in the first place.

In this video, I had explained suggestions how "AUTISMOPHOBIA" can be defined and I suggest this as an act of rejecting autism, from multiple perspectives. I have even explained how organisations like "Autism Speaks" don't represent the voices of autistic individuals, instead had promoted AUTISMOPHOBIC PROPENGANDA to parents and educators who are strangers of understanding autism.

I also explained how ABA was designed from a homophobic\autismophobic individual Ivar Iovass who back in the 1970's tried to cure both homosexuality and autism which had became an epic fail. The ABA therapies seems to train young autistic children to grow up and live their lives as Autismophobic individuals living on the autism spectrum.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 11:27 pm

Aspie With Attitude wrote:
Autismophobia could also have it's second meaning when an individual who is autistic don't want to be autistic and feel negative about it. This will be the driving force for autistic individuals who commit suicide just for the sake that they don't want to be autistic in the first place.

That would be internalized autismophobia, no?

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 11:29 pm

I'm enjoying your video right now. ^ ^

Thank you for posting!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 1:13 am

Both of those things are ...things.

Folks who discriminate against people with autism.

And folks with autism who hate the condition of autism in themselves, or hate the label or whatever--anyway-- they are in denial of their official medical diagnosis of having autism.

And there is more. There are aspies who hate being associated with lower functioning autistics, and so hate being put on the same "autism spectrum" (with that riff raff).

But THAT group should not be confused with "aspie surpremacists". Aspie surpremacists are folks who are convinced that folks with aspergers are innately superior to all other folks (not just other autistics). Like "White supremacists" (Whites who join the KKK) think Whites are superior to other races. Or, arguably theyre even more like Black Surpremacists like the Black Muslims . But I digress.

Maybe you could call NT who hate autistics "ablists (because autism is a type of handicap).

And you could call autistics who are opposed to their own diagnosis of autism "autism deniers".

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 2:45 am

Quote:

I'm this.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 11:26 am

That word explains my parents who tried everything to "fix" me. Thank goodness nothing worked. I wasn't forced into ABA though.