Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 1:01 am

hi Jetfox here this is not my first forum that i've been to.
forgive me for not using captial letters.

this forum is about obsesions.
seph: no s**t jet.
allen: what seph said.
jet: thanks guys. *sarcastic*
and get used to random characters talking along with me.

well anyways my main obsesion is FF7, pretty much everything about it.
infact i've got at least 500 ff7 related pictures on my computer most being of cloud and sephiroth, seph has a bigger folder (more pics) then cloud mostly cause he's more popular.
i do like cloud more though.
cloud: i knew it in your face allen!
allen: bastard.
also my second obsesion is ansem and the darkness.
what i love darkness infact so much that i usually keep my lights off at all times and i draw, read, play compy, watch tv, and do basicly everything else in the dark i try to keep the lights out at all times someone flicks my light on a flick it out imeadately.
mainly the darkness is comforting in a way that's why i like it also the light now burns my eyes because of being in the dark all the time.
and ansem is my master that will lead me into the darkness.
ansem: that's four times you've used the word darkness i'm such a good teacher.
that you are ansem.
if you don't like ansem please keep it to yourself i get really angry at ansem haters and i don't want to yell at anyone.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2005, 3:05 am

Darkness is pretty cool. Wanna be my friend? :D

ridgerider
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2005, 10:27 am

One of my obsessions is correct spelling :-)

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:26 pm

to 666
sure i don't have many friends i need some more.

to ridgerider
so you don't like to misspell things.
ansem: neither do i.

ridgerider
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2005, 5:56 pm

I don't even like to see things misspelled. They jump out at me, especially if it is in formal writing, and can make me lose track of what I am reading.

But these forums are informal so don't worry about it or feel inhibited because I might read something, let it flow. I may never come back again, you never know.

I don't actually even know if it would be classified as an obsession, it just happens. Has gotten me a few odd jobs as a proof reader. I look at a page and all the mistakes stand out. I don't enjoy or unenjoy it, sometimes, it is annoying. And I do have it under control enough to sometimes not proofread my own writing in forums. And still make mistakes so it doesn't help that much in rough drafts but handy in rewrites.

Out of curiousity, what is FF7? I really have no idea.

I keep things dark when it is naturally dark outside except for spot lighting but it is to save the damage electrical generation does.

In Viet Nam, there were rumors that some Rangers would stay in dark bunkers during the day for long periods of time so their visual purple would build up in their eyes. Visual purple is what helps you see at night. It is why it takes about 5 minutes to get used to the dark because the visual purple is building up. Most happens in 5 minutes but continues to build slowly for about 45 minutes. These guys would only come out at night and melt into the jungle.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 7:29 pm

to ridgerider
FF7 is final fantasy 7 an rpg made by squareenix and it's their best game.
interesting now i know why i can see in the dark better then everyone else in my family.

ridgerider
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2005, 8:47 pm

Here is a generation gapism - from context, I can guess that rpg to you means role playing game (I have watched my kids doing those) but to me rpg means rocket propelled gernade.

Hints for good night vision. If you look directly at something in the dark, it appears to disappear. Best is to look 10-15 degrees off the center of what you want to look at, and fairly regularly move your focus from one side to the other. Takes only a little practice to make it automatic. Night vision uses different cues than day vision.

Eating carrots helps too :-) Seriously.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 9:25 pm

i mean role playing game.
i guess you won't know sephiroth, cloud, aeris, or the rest of the cast then.
i should have explained what ff7 meant i just thought that it was a popular enough game that i didn't need to.
shows how much i know.

ridgerider
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2005, 9:37 pm

No problem. We just have different frames of reference because of age difference. I am sure my younger kids would know immediately what you were talking about. I was the one who needed to have it explained. You are fine.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 10:47 pm

ridgerider wrote:
I don't even like to see things misspelled. They jump out at me, especially if it is in formal writing, and can make me lose track of what I am reading.

They jump out at me too, not that I never make them. Is that a double negative?

I thought rpg had something to do with color on a monitor but I guess I was wrong :roll: .

ridgerider
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2005, 12:19 pm

revolutions per gallon? How many times your wheels go around for every gallon of gas?

I make lots of mistakes when writing first pass. It seems easier to see others' mistakes than my own. Even in the publishing industry, after final editing, they have 3 proofreaders go over it, as each may miss something. Imperfection is a normal part of life.

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2005, 1:53 pm

What do you think of the rest of the FF games my favert is FF10 but I have not finished FF7 yet exam study is getting in the way

Ps if any one feels it is nessery to correct my spelling go ahead because I cant

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 4:06 pm

i've only played ff7 and ff8 none of the others yet.
but i wonld have to say 8 isn't to bad but i like 7 better.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2005, 8:22 pm

I like Final Fantasy VI better than VII.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 10:22 pm

i've never played six but i heard it's good.