Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 12:21 pm

Did you ever happen to experience an emotion that used to be completely foreign to you before, while dreaming?

For example I remember that once I dreamed about something scary and when the reason of my fear disappeared I felt such huge relief I started to cry (in this dream only but it seemed so real). I still remember this very well. Never before I thought it's possible to shed tears of relief, I was sure it could happen only in novels.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 1:06 pm

Completely foriegn, no, but in my dreams my emotions seem purer and much more intense than they do in real life.

Quote:
"But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be"

-The Who or Limp Bizkit, take your pick

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 1:20 pm

I only cry of relief. My father too.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 2:14 pm

I experience a feeling of deep meaningfulness in my dreams, usually associated with supposed childhood memories. (I say "supposed" because my waking memories of childhood tend to be pleasant but banal, not much different from my life as an adult.)

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2008, 4:12 pm

In dreams? i hardly have any emotions in dreams. o_O

WeirdLou
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Oct 2008, 4:52 pm

I don't know about experiencing a new emotion in a dream but I've definitely had trouble getting rid of the emotion after I wake up. I don't know if it is an autism thing or it happens to NTs too but if there is an intense emotion I have trouble getting rid of it after I wake up. Even though I know what happened was not real and it makes no sense to feel the way I do I just can't convince myself. It someone hurt me or made me angry in my dream I have trouble being okay with them in real life. If I have a scary dream I am very jumpy and nervous after I wake up. I can't calm down and sometimes I cry. It takes a lot to get me calm again.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 5:56 pm

Irulan wrote:
Did you ever happen to experience an emotion that used to be completely foreign to you before, while dreaming?

For example I remember that once I dreamed about something scary and when the reason of my fear disappeared I felt such huge relief I started to cry (in this dream only but it seemed so real). I still remember this very well. Never before I thought it's possible to shed tears of relief, I was sure it could happen only in novels.

Yes, I experience an emotion once during a dream where I was singing onstage and had this Celine Dion-like voice. It was awesome. The alien emotion I experienced was Joy.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 11:39 am

Typically, my dreams bring me anxiety, fear or sexual awareness. Interesting combination, eh?

HereComeTheLizards
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2008, 12:37 pm

Mainly frer, disappointment, ridicule, hatred.

You know, all the good healthy emotions.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 2:45 pm

When I was a kid, I once said:

"I learned how to love and to laugh and to cry in a dream, but it was the world that taught me how to hate"

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 6:12 pm

I'll easily admit to feeling fear at times in my waking life, but its something that never occurs when I sleep. Once in a while I'll have the most awful horrid dreams.. and not be scared.