im guilty about infinite amount of things......

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

16 Oct 2008, 1:03 pm

i was watching a scary movie and i was anxious before about the thoughts i would have. when the villain came out to kill someone i read f*cking jesus in my head and my mouth was a little open. it's not because i was surprised. i always go for this phrase when i know something i going to happen and it does. i've been guilty about this and i've woken up with this thought of guilt in my head.

i regretted saying it in my head like i would when i talk. i don't know if it was exactly complete or not though. i mean i had to release this energy of thought at some point because i was very anxious about it.

this is basically my whole life and i live like hell always.

this was a few days ago. now i had the feeling again. i was eating and i decided not to read things while eating because i can have sudden thoughts and become guilty of that or the contents of the things im reading about. i was eating, then i went to a page and when i saw the things on the page, i had the feeling and i was somehow guilty of whatever i did.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 1:32 pm

I've gone though phases like this. They're living hell, but they pass.

I got out of this by standing back from religion (Christianity especially). I'm not saying this will work for you or that you should try it, but if you stop obsessing about guilt and sin for a while, the thoughts will actually go away for the most part. Obsessing about not thinking thoughts is like that game when people say 'don't think of a pink elephant'

edit: how to stop obsessing is another kettle of fish altogether. Basically anything that distracts you as soon as you start thinking guilty thoughts will work. I used to try imagining I was wearing gloves or boots and I'd get so caught up in designing the details, that I'd successfully mind-block the other thoughts.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2008, 2:20 pm

I don't understand, what bad thoughts did you have? If you have a bad thought why would you feel guilty?

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 4:44 pm

I sometimes imagine a firecracker blowing up the bad thought as soon as I thunk it.

If the thought is a blasphemy, then I think "God, have mercy!" or "oops, sorry!" or
"All my bad thoughts are meaningless (I never meant any of them)".

To me these are forgiven confessions and I don't feel guilty about them.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 4:53 pm

A few expletives ran through my mind reading this thread and I certainly don't feel guilty about them. Religion has a lot to answer for the way it screws people's minds up with notions of guilt and sin. It is nothing but brainwashing.
Unfortunately it seems to be an endemic problem in some countries.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2008, 6:06 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Religion has a lot to answer for the way it screws people's minds up with notions of guilt and sin. It is nothing but brainwashing.
Unfortunately it seems to be an endemic problem in some countries.

Correction,
"right hand path" religions, not all.
Everywhere! Not just in some.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 6:10 pm

What is meant by "right hand path?"

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2008, 6:28 pm

jews, christians, catholics etc etc, also expands to the muslim faith. That is my simple versioned definition lol.