What's the Message on your Answering Machine?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 1:06 pm

Being as asp's seem to be a creative lot: What's the outgoing message of your machine?

Right now I have a piece from Bach. :-D

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 1:14 pm

I think mine is just an automated message.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 1:20 pm

Don't have one, couldn't figure the darn thing out.

The one I had before I lost my phone (one of many...), I couldn't stand my voice, so I kept it short and simple.

If I had a choice now, I'd forgo the whole thing, as I can always call a person back.

Love hearing a creative message though, makes me wish I could think one up.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 1:56 pm

You have reached _myname_ and _myhusband'sname_, please leave a message at the tone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 2:04 pm

Beep-Beep-BEEP*

"We're sorry; there is no one available to answer your call. Please leave a message after the beep."

BEEEP!

(* - SIT tones; like the ones used to indicate that the number dialed is no longer in service. This defeats the autodialers used by telemarketers. The sequence is: 913.8 Hz for 276 ms, 1370.6 Hz for 276 ms, and 1776.7 Hz for 380 ms.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 2:33 pm

"Hi, sorry I missed your call. After the tone, please leave your name, number, and a brief message, and I'll return your call as soon as possible. Thank you."

just_ben
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 3:02 pm

I don't know... I've never had to call myself.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 3:08 pm

The default one.

Gainer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2008, 3:20 pm

First one: Hi, you have reached the cell phone of <My name>, please leave your name, telephone number, bank account details and pin code and I will return to you as soon as I have helped myself to your account.

Second, this is while I was on safari in the serengheti: Hi, this is the cell phone of <My name>. I am in the Kruger national so obviously I cannot take your call so please leave a message. If however I do not return your call within a week you may assume that I have been either eaten, stampeded or implaled.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 3:40 pm

It used to be:

Hi! By entering this code number, you've activated an interconnect, telecommunications intelligence feedback system, which will cause the receiver you are now holding to detonate with the force of a one-quarter megaton nuclear device.

Should you have any final statements, please feel free to leave them at the end of this message.

At the tone, you will have twenty seconds to reach minimum-safe-distance...

But under current conditions I became concerned that official agencies might not find it so amusing, so I took it off.

eman_ekaf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2008, 3:51 pm

Willard wrote:
It used to be:

Hi! By entering this code number, you've activated an interconnect, telecommunications intelligence feedback system, which will cause the receiver you are now holding to detonate with the force of a one-quarter megaton nuclear device.

Should you have any final statements, please feel free to leave them at the end of this message.

At the tone, you will have twenty seconds to reach minimum-safe-distance...

But under current conditions I became concerned that official agencies might not find it so amusing, so I took it off.

I love that! Oh, so awesome! Haha, I'm just all giggles now. I need something like that!

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2008, 4:05 pm

"Hi, you've reached dragonfly dreams. I'm not able to answer the phone right now. If you'll leave your name and number, I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!"

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 5:17 pm

Mine's just the default one, somebody says "please leave a message."

I don't like recording my own spoken word stuff.....nothing makes me mumble worse than a recording light.

Don't know of any message that would be suitable for everybody. Ideally I'd want one to attract and one to repel.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 5:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
Beep-Beep-BEEP*

"We're sorry; there is no one available to answer your call. Please leave a message after the beep."

BEEEP!

(* - SIT tones; like the ones used to indicate that the number dialed is no longer in service. This defeats the autodialers used by telemarketers. The sequence is: 913.8 Hz for 276 ms, 1370.6 Hz for 276 ms, and 1776.7 Hz for 380 ms.)

I like that idea - do you happen to know if that works in the UK?

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 8:33 pm

The house phone has a fairly normal message - the inlaws could call at any time, and they're a little uptight.

Cell phone: "This is Telephone 2 of 3, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix 010. We are currently unavailable for communication. Your desire to communicate is irrelevant. At the sound of the tone, you will leave a short message. Your vocal and linguistic distinctiveness will be assimilated into the Collective. Resistance is futile." BEEP

Used to have a voicemail box at college.com - that one greeted callers with an annoyed "What the hell do YOU want?!?" BEEP

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 8:41 pm

Mine says:

"Hello...? Helloooo....? Anybody there....? Just kidding. This is a message. Leave your name & number after the beep. I'll call you back as soon as I can find my phone.-----beep-----."