Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BibbidiBobbidiBoo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2023, 8:01 am

I'm a late diagnosed female and got diagnosed after having to leave a new job and going through burnout. I self diagnosis for 7 years after my sons diagnosis.

My autism symptoms were (and still are) heightened massively. I could usually cope with a busy supermarket for example, but now I just can't deal with all the different voices and the layers of sound and visual clutter.

I am no longer working and can rest as much as I need to.

My question is, will I gain my resilience back? I can't currently go out without sunglasses and some from of ear protection.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2023, 8:12 am

Is hard to tell, I can relate to your issues though. To me I would say that I don't think I ever did tolerate the noise before, but now with the diagnosis & burnout I pay more attention to it. I pay attention to my energy levels all the time which I never did before either. But if you really DID tolerate stuff it might get better later BUT i would say after a burnout things never be the same :(
I would suggest noise cancellation ear plugs in the meantime, best of luck

BibbidiBobbidiBoo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2023, 8:36 am

alpacka wrote:
Is hard to tell, I can relate to your issues though. To me I would say that I don't think I ever did tolerate the noise before, but now with the diagnosis & burnout I pay more attention to it. I pay attention to my energy levels all the time which I never did before either. But if you really DID tolerate stuff it might get better later BUT i would say after a burnout things never be the same :(
I would suggest noise cancellation ear plugs in the meantime, best of luck

I seemed to be able to disassociate from the noise, if that makes sense. I've got literally no tolerance whatsoever now. So frustrating.