Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:47 am

Sorry, but it really annoys me when people write 'Asperger's'. It's 'Asperger's' WITH A 'P'.

It's the 'g' that has the hard sound (if you wish to pronounce it in the correct way, although this usually makes people joke about 'ass burgers' :roll: ), not the third letter.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

05 Dec 2008, 5:50 am

I get annoyed when people spell "Benny & Joon" wrong. They spell her name as "June." Look at the movie title people, sheesh, it's not that hard to remember. :roll:

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:55 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I get annoyed when people spell "Benny & Joon" wrong. They spell her name as "June." Look at the movie title people, sheesh, it's not that hard to remember. :roll:

Unless they'd only heard of it of course, and then the natural assumption would be 'June'.

I also hate people calling a heraldic achivement or coat of arms a 'crest'. The crest is the thing that sits on top the helm duh lol.

Anyway, this is beside the point :lol:

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 6:26 am

I see "Asperger" a lot.

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2008, 6:41 am

A lot of people tend to spell Aspergers using the "b" for some reason.
Must admit it annoys me too if people dont use correct spellings!! :wink:

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 7:14 am

Sometimes I make mistakes because I write what I 'hear' in my head without thinking about what I'm actually writing. Also typos aren't so bad, but consistent spelling errors are annoying.