This isn't the first time, its as if I'm stuck in a loop....

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 3:34 pm

Well, to be honest, title for the thread is a quote from a song that I haven't stopped listening to for the past 2 days. It is such an amazing song that I can't be bothered to listen to anything else. How many other people out here get stuck in a loop, so to say? And what is it that puts you there? Do you find other people get really annoyed be your seemingly narrow mindedness when it comes to this "loop"?

And just to note, this song is called Deja Vu, from the game TWEWY. I managed to, after a ton of searching find it online. I turn it off as soon as my roommates come back from class, just because they don't seem to like people listening to the same thing so much. I also find that I will become like this with any song I like, and it somewhat rotates, and I could end up like another new song, or a different song I used to really like, at any point. But till then I'm just going to like this one, and enjoy my "loop".

moonlightwhisp
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2009, 3:50 pm

Yep, I do that with songs too. I can listen to them constantly for a few days to a weekish, until the next obsession worthy song comes along. I do it with movies and tv shows too. If I start a multi-part movie or tv show, I have a really hard time stopping without finishing and if I do stop, I get really agitated and think about the movie or tv show instead of what I should be doing. I recently went through a Lost binge since the new season starts next week, so I crammed the first four seasons into one week. It was glorious.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 3:55 pm

Me also.

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2009, 4:01 pm

Yes, I will listen to the same song over and over, and I used to wonder why. I didn't do it around other people because I was afraid I was annoying them. And I also get obsessed with a movie or tv show and will do the same thing

Jwa
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2009, 4:39 pm

I have always done that with songs! That's why ipods are great, you annoy people less! Though not fantastic for your hearing if you over use them! :)

Evenflowman454
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2009, 6:00 pm

Jwa wrote:
I have always done that with songs! That's why ipods are great, you annoy people less! Though not fantastic for your hearing if you over use them! :)

Its not that bad. I've blasted mine for the longest time and I can hear just fine :)

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 6:20 pm

Evenflowman454 wrote:
Jwa wrote:

Its not that bad. I've blasted mine for the longest time and I can hear just fine :)

You don't count, you haven't been listening loud enough long enough to experience it.

halfawake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2009, 7:18 pm

Padium wrote:
How many other people out here get stuck in a loop, so to say?

I always do. In fact I am doing it right now with "Depeche Mode - Photographic". But it doesn't always have to be one song, it can be a group of songs. Also if I found a new TV show, I can't stop watching it until I watched all available episodes. The same thing happens when reading certain books. I read books 1 to 8 of the Wheel of Time series in a week (There weren't any more books at that time).

Padium wrote:
Do you find other people get really annoyed be your seemingly narrow mindedness when it comes to this "loop"?

They usally do not notice, because I am usually using headphones while listening to music or watching TV shows. I can't relax when I know that other people can hear what I am listening to. I wonder why that is?

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 7:44 pm

I have favourite songs that I like to listen to over and over again.

1. Bayside - Ghost of St Valentines
2. Brand New - Me Vs Maradona Vs Elvis
3. Anberlin - Dismantle Repair

Usually songs I can relate to.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 7:46 pm

halfawake wrote:
They usally do not notice, because I am usually using headphones while listening to music or watching TV shows. I can't relax when I know that other people can hear what I am listening to. I wonder why that is?

I have that problem as well... I will often not listen to my music when other people are around to judge me based on it. I don't want other people to know who I am that deeply, and music tells so much about who a person is generally.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 8:02 pm

I do that a lot, it's why I don't like to have zillions of songs on my iPod, cos I only listen to a few.

When I first saw the Princess Diaries movie (the first one), I watched it over and over for three days, LOL. It really annoyed my mum.

My favourite show is Friends and I can watch it for literally hours at a time. (I'm watching it now.) I have all the DVDs (Xmas present from my dad), but before that I watched it on E4. That REALLY annoys my mum, when she comes into my room and it's on (solution: stay the hell out of my room). So now as a punishment for stuff she takes the DVDs away (but I've started hiding the ones with some of my best episodes in a different place, just in case).

y es como un semestre"

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2009, 8:32 pm

I have that problem too.

Right now, I am going through that with "The Dark Knight." I am obsessed with it, and it really annoys my Mom.

you will jouney from boy to man

Evenflowman454
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2009, 9:53 am

Padium wrote:
Evenflowman454 wrote:
Jwa wrote:

You don't count, you haven't been listening loud enough long enough to experience it.

I've blast them as loud as I can on my ipod and I've done it for about 1 year and 10 months almost every day :|

oh and It's metal like metallica, korn, disturbed, and rage against the machine, and also grunge Alice in chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc. :D

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:27 pm

Evenflowman454 wrote:
Padium wrote:
Evenflowman454 wrote:
Jwa wrote:

I've blast them as loud as I can on my ipod and I've done it for about 1 year and 10 months almost every day :|

oh and It's metal like metallica, korn, disturbed, and rage against the machine, and also grunge Alice in chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc. :D

It will take more than 10 years to become noticable. That's why your scenario doesn't count yet. I only blast my mp3 when I am trying to drown out the world. And to help that out, I am planning on getting noise cancelling headphones at some point.

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2009, 5:55 pm

I like listening to the same song over and over again. For awhile I listened to They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa! by Napoleon XIV forward for awhile and then reversed which made it so much more interesting. I listened to Dancing Queen and Mamma Mia by ABBA over and over again on a trip until I almost drove my dad nuts.

madmike
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2009, 7:10 pm

"recently went through a Lost binge since the new season starts next week, so I crammed the first four seasons into one week. It was glorious."

Jesus Christ! That means you spent almost four days watching Lost this week! WHich is crazy.
Admittedly Lost is like the best thing ever though, but you must be going slighty delusional :P