Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 9:07 pm

RRRRRRRR! :evil:

Can't go out and do "fun" things without risk of meltdown. Today is was a chili cookoff...we got the best vegetarian chili award...At the end of the day I was crying and snappy and grrrrrrr :x

And then people keep asking me if I had fun.

Sometimes I don't know if I know how to have fun. If I had had fun I wouldn't be a nervous wreck who is still trying to recover...

I had fun at times, but it was still really taxing and more stressful than it should have been...

I played music..but I wasn't wearing my costume, and I am uncomfortable without my costume....and sometimes I am a little uncomfortable playing music with Flakey....so that was kinda stressful
Then I went down and just played what I wanted to play while everyone was tearing down their tends and whatnot and these little boys were dancing on an upturned washtub while i played...and that was fun

Then these ladies would come up and talk to me..about how they wish they had talent...and I couldn't tell if they were being sincere or somehow trying to mess with me... Flakey kept requesting me to play songs that I didn't know how to play...and that was stressful and made me stop playing....

Now I can't talk to anyone..and I am tired and have a lot of dishes to do.

The things some people do for fun...

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 9:52 pm

I prefer "did you have a good time", or "did you enjoy yourself", somehow that makes more sense. "Fun" just seems to imply action to me.

Or maybe I'm just weird.

Either way, the "correct" answer is usually "yes", and then just leave it at that.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 10:03 pm

Sounds like you had spells of it. Chili...mmmm...I'm jealous.

Believe me, after playing in bands for years, people are hard to figure out. I've played for hours, at people who reminded me of hibernating reptiles, who came up while we were tearing down, saying 'how much they enjoyed us'...coulda fooled me..;)

As long as you know how to play 'Free Bird' (at least in the South), you can get anyone on your side...;)

I imagine all those people were a good part of the cause. As they used to say many years ago, let the people become the ocean you swim in (in other words, just let them go past you, and don't worry about them)

If you have a good time interacting with people (I do...but on a very selective basis...usually I glom onto one person and ignore the rest of the party...;), that's considered fun. It's easier to make your own fun, I suppose.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 10:03 pm

Congrats on the chili award. They are not easy to get and very jealusly guarded out this way. I think 'fun' is an NT type word for 'tolerate' in aspie lingo. So did you 'tolerate' is the translation.
I understand about the costume for sure.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 10:44 pm

I like what Gary said. "Fun" is such a strange thing for us to define. You might have had fun moments but also stressful moments, but you got through it.