Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 5:29 pm

I got this idea while posting about how we should publish a book on Sean's hugely successful you might be an aspie thread.
At first I advocated for a party to be funded by the proceeds, but then I realized I had another dream: The Vivi world tour!
I think we should send Vivi around the world to visit WP members' cities and promote Apserger's and autism awareness. She could have other WP folks go with her and maybe even recreate some of the threads: can you see her dressed as a pirate for the talk like a pirate thread? Ghosthunter performing poetry, videos and music and art by WP members? How about panel discussions with Sean, GroovyDruid, Sophist, SB2, Alex and others? Free admission to WP members (oops, that might flood the site).

Other ideas for the Vivi world tour?

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 5:34 pm

chocolate.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 5:56 pm

OK
Vivi will ride on a float tossing Lindt, Godiva and Ghirardelli chocolates to the crowds (we'll save the better chocolate for the party).

Dark, milk or white chocolate?
There will need to be some 77% at the party for me. My friend and I worked our way up to that in less than 6 months. We reasoned that past 65% chocolate becomes a guy thing.

Winston Churchill

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 6:01 pm

WHITE CHOCOLATE!! !! !

heresy! :evil:

has no chocolate content whatsoever, and tastes like sick, into the bargain.

a guy thing, eh? hmmm... better rethink my gender politics, then. ;)

do i get to wear Gaultier?

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 6:05 pm

recreation of the "gay relationships" and "causal sex" threads would certainly warrent the price of admission.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 6:05 pm

vetivert wrote:
do i get to wear Gaultier?
Just checked out the website. WOW. Absolutely. If we make enough money from the book, we'll get you an outfit for each stop on the tour...

Winston Churchill

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 6:06 pm

stlf wrote:
recreation of the "gay relationships" and "causal sex" threads would certainly warrent the price of admission.
LOL I don't think we could do that in public. Maybe the tour could have spin off shows in local clubs.

Winston Churchill

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 6:11 pm

an outfit for every stop, eh? you silver tongued demon - i'm off to pack... :twisted:

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 6:23 pm

How about this one?

and this for me:

Winston Churchill

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 6:46 pm

well...

my preference would be me in this:

and you in this:

how does that grab you?

grayson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2005, 6:53 pm

Neuroman wrote:
Dark, milk or white chocolate?
There will need to be some 77% at the party for me. My friend and I worked our way up to that in less than 6 months. We reasoned that past 65% chocolate becomes a guy thing.

I'm also a fan of dark chocolate, and 85% is pretty yummy stuff. Still a girl, though :P .

I don't much care for milk or white chocolate, though I'll eat milk if it is covering a decadent filling of some kind. Oh, and white chocolate is chocolate of a sort -- it's made from cocoa butter but not cocoa powder, hence the lack of brown coloration. But most things labeled white "chocolate" are actually white "confection" with no cocoa of any kind in them, butter or otherwise.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 7:37 pm

Can I come, wearing military grade armour?

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 8:23 pm

vetivert wrote:
how does that grab you?

Ohhhh, yeah.

Winston Churchill

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 12:06 pm

My preferance is for regular ol' milk chocolate, with nuts even. Not that I can eat much of it now though.

But, oh, the happy memories... :)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 7:52 pm

This may not pertain to the Vetivert world tour, but I read one of my dad's National Fisherman magazine (he's a commercial fisherman who works up in Alaska during the summer) and there was this one Japanese woman who was hosting a Japanese cooking show, and was showing how a salmon got from the ocean to the chefs on the show. Anways, she was trying to look good and she was wearing a bikini in the cold/rainy weather, and (to me) that looked pretty silly. It was very funny when I read the article, but I don't think I'd ever wear a bikini while on a boat in the rainy weather watching a guy gut a fish. I don't know why I said that, but you guys were talking about silly costumes and everything.

I think that this world tour sounds like a good idea to get the word out about WP, and maybe you guys could even begin a whole line of Asperger's/autistic spectrum disorder groups (much like what the YMCA does with their facilities, but with autism meeting groups) around parts of the world, so that everyone could have somewhere to go to when they want to spend time with fellow aspies. I'm not talking about building a whole building like the YMCA does, but just a meeting spot and having them represent branches of aspie support groups (like WrongPlanet Support Group of Seattle, or WrongPlanet Support group of Wherever, or some other name). That could possibly rake in more money for WP if there was a member fee, and then it could spread the WP legacy even more. Just a thought.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 8:00 pm

can we include hermit?

Also, we must limit the time in California, because vivi, has an affinity for more than chocolate.
the psyche.

Also, this is presuming that other people care about aspie quirks.

i suspect they would outside of the U.S. we are a little behind in the recognition dept.

but if their was a money making market in AS, then i suppose the US would catch up, doubletime.

After much musing, Good idea Neuroman.