Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2009, 10:57 pm

I do. Such as sweatpants swooshing together. It makes me grind my teeth. I hate it. Always have. I'm more tolerant of it now than when I was younger. But I still hate it. Anyone else have similer sensory things? maybe the same?

millie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 11:59 pm

i hate it so much stopped wearing acrylic.

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2009, 8:50 am

pantyhose :( ack, that's the first thing I thought of when I read the topic. My grandma used to hold me down and force them on me for church, It was horrible.

They itch like mad, sound nasty and feel sooooo disgusting you just sit there and can't move without it rubbing your skin.

Flaggy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2009, 11:11 am

Funnily enough. I was having this conversation with an Aspie friend of mine earlier today about Nylon.

I have a HUGE nylon American flag - 9x 17ft. I moved it whilst I was in Skype voice chat with my friend, and he said I love that sound the flag makes!! And I replied.. Yes I love it too!! and swooshed the flag on purpose really close to my mic!

I thought THAT WAS A PLEASING SOUND!

I have sensory processing disorder, particularly around the area of touch.

Material such ans nylon feels really good to me, and I love my huge flag!, I can wrap myself completely inside it several times over!

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:36 am

That bother em a little. I am having really bad sensory issues with sound lately. Like even people eating chips is like sooo loud. Clothes have to fit a certain way. I am picky about textures too. I usually wear tshirt and sweat pants maybe a polo or a pair of jeans here and there.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 2:19 pm

I like the sound of vinyl, if you know what I mean :wink:

Emilypetperson
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2009, 1:29 am

I find the sound of nylon distracting....if my legs are making a swooshing
sound while I am walking....I find myself listening to it and maybe even
exaggerating the sound a bit using my legs to swoosh.......it is like the tapping
sound of high heels, or the clicking sound.......it makes me want to tap dance...I start to become focused on the sound of the heels...

So it is best to wear softer sounding clothing.....

17seconds
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2009, 1:38 am

i find the sound of nylon and other manufactured fabrics extremely annoying . . . but i really have issues with textures. i was in my reflexology class the other night, and when working with the feet, there's this liquid to powder stuff to dry out sweaty feet. when it dried on her feet and got the powdery texture, i almost threw up. i went and washed my hands ten times . . . i guess i'll just have to figure a way around sweaty feet.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 10:26 am

Jacob12 wrote:
I do. Such as sweatpants swooshing together. It makes me grind my teeth. I hate it. Always have. I'm more tolerant of it now than when I was younger. But I still hate it. Anyone else have similer sensory things? maybe the same?

I dislike nylon, generally. Static charges build on nylon which is one reason I really dislike it. It also makes my skin crawl and itch so I never wear anything made from this particular fabric.
Speaking of static charges, I've gotten clothing out of the dryer before only to have my hair stand on end during the process. In the winter I always use fabric softner sheets in the dryer because of this.

gary1984
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Mar 2009, 11:51 am

certainly the sound of someone brushing carpet or sweeping the floor with bristle brush brings me out in goosebumps. not overkeen at all.