Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2009, 6:51 pm

I enjoy alot of commercials.

Kauf039
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2009, 7:42 pm

There are some that I do enjoy, but most of them are too loud, and have sharp sounds. Not to mention too many have random flashing which either gives me a headache, makes me look away from the screen, makes me have to leave the room or all of the above.

Simple commercials that use humour or interesting images and not loud obnoxious behaviour to get my attention are rather enjoyable.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 7:47 pm

no,thats why sky+ is great.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 7:48 pm

I like jingles a lot! I hate some comercials eg if the announcer is yelling stuff. But if it has a catchy jingle or slogan, I love it! :D

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2009, 7:52 pm

When there's nothing on TV I tend to enjoy watching TV commercials, but I have Sky and Freeview on all the TVs in the house, so usually there is something on.
EMZ=]

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 7:58 pm

I dislike some adverts because of the reasons described by Kauf039, but there are a lot of adverts that I like because of the jingle, or phrases in dialogue or just for being entertaining.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 8:05 pm

Every now and again, I'll list all the commercials down that come on during the commercial breaks and place them into what their appropriate category is. I know it sounds extremely weird, but it's a ton of fun to me. I think my record is doing this five hours straight. But I think this is probably me just being OCD. I can remember doing this as young as kindergarten. And in middle school, whenever I was grounded, I would lie to my mom and say that I had to list the commercials down for a school project. I actually did get a school project on it at one point in middle school! lol I don't do this everytime, but it is fun. And I'm probably the only one here that does this. Seems like I always am when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Django
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2009, 8:07 pm

I don't watch TV. I don't watch commercials.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 8:14 pm

They suck

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:00 pm

I like the FreeCreditReport.com" commercials. I HATE all the stupid penis enlargement and phone whore ones.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:03 pm

I used to lip sing to commercials every once in a while. I still remember, it was a long john silver commercial and I was about 10. I was singing quietly to the TV and my mom came by and said something (me being aspie-ish didnt notice). Next thing I know I was laying on my back on the couch and had been back handed. I asked her what that was for, and she said "you where mocking me". And I said "I was lipsinging to the commercial"..

And she said .. "Oh..... sorry."

Ever since then I've never enjoyed them.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:26 pm

I don't watch commercial TV, or listen to commercial radio, and I don't tolerate the sound of them in places that insist on broadcasting them.

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2009, 9:37 pm

commercials are okay if they would just quit interupting my shows. I have a bad short term memory, and everytime a commercial comes on, I forget what movie I am watching. soo frusterating.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:41 pm

I hate the fact that most commercials where I am are very very stupid commercials that are trying to advertise with things that make no sense, or, like McDonalds commercials, are just stupid beyond the meaning of the word. I would rather watch a commercial than miss half a second of the tv show I am watching though, and none of my family understands that. So I don't watch TV, and I pirate the shows I want to watch, and buy them later if I like them and have money at the same time. Anime is really hard to come by if you don't know where to look though...

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:43 pm

FrogGirl wrote:
commercials are okay if they would just quit interupting my shows. I have a bad short term memory, and everytime a commercial comes on, I forget what movie I am watching. soo frusterating.

Sometimes this happens to me, but I just treat it like a "surprise"; all the information I need to continue to view comes back to me once the movie or program comes back on again.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:55 pm

yes, only thing good on TV most of the time.