Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 10:31 pm

Now, this is FAR from being one of my better videos. I give it a "C." I might even pull it down. I worked on it for hours but I'm still dealing with the crap camera. Let me know if you happen to like it though!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X089khw18CE[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

millie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 10:45 pm

it is really nice for me to see this vid. yes..you need a new camera...but that does not worry me as the info i get is so comforting.

i have been diagnosed comparatively recently, compared to some others on WP.

i see an AS psychologist and all the info you give in your vid is what he is helping me to implement. sunglasses, ipod, reducing sensory stimuli, time out, hat, a notepad so i am not ovewhelmed by my short term memory problems and organisation problems.

after so many years of useless "emotions based therapy" i find the things that work for me are simple practical solutions that help me reduce my stress and anxiety levels.
if i keep these to a minimum, i can reduce the intensity and frequency of my meltdowns.
it is already working.
i look forward to your new vids.

thanks whitetiger. :)

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 10:59 pm

Thank you, Millie. Carrying a "sensory kit" like you describe is something I also do. It's reduced my meltdowns too.

and yes.. anybody want to donate me a camera? I'll make a video standing on my head and telling the world how wonderful you are!

millie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 11:05 pm

if i was rich i would send you one. there must be a rich ASD person who can donate one and consider it a service to the ASD community. :wink:

i am not selling ANY work at present because of the recession. Otherwise i really would, whitetiger.
and take heart, as it sounds like you are having a rough evening with the cheque not arriving and anxiety stuff.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 11:52 pm

Thanks. I really need to give myself a break. Kitty is sick and BF is sick and I have had STRESS! Plus, financial stuff coming up big time. I appreciate your support..

and i'm not melting down lol :O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 11:58 pm

Forgive me, please, but it is not the video quality that "bothers" me. It's the sing-song tone of your voice.

But that's just me!

Unless someone speaks in a near-monotone, I can't listen to what they're saying. I'm sorry.

Best of luck. I hope Kitty and the BF feel better soon. You too!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 5:57 am

Earplugs are a great idea. I use them all the time if I am anticipating a noisy situation, even long road trips in the car. Too much sound makes me uncomfortable! I would need them anyway for reasons concerning the protection of my hearing. Lots of people ignore this consideration and suffer hearing damage because they're too macho to think about protecting themselves.

Sunglasses are useful in extremely bright settings. Your eyes can get sunburned, too, and too much sun exposure for too long can contribute to the risk of forming cataracts.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong