Mind Games - The way to know who you're dealing with.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Whimsi-Cal
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2009, 3:40 pm

Not that I think that IQ is the entirety of intelligence, and its not, but yes I have an IQ of over 190. Its rare and most people think I am lying about it. I was tested again just recently. None-the-less, combined with my AS I have a very different way of going about things. After Garyww called me out and consistently egged me into arguments, I played along. It was all a show, every last bit of it. Why?

Much truth is spoken in jest.

You can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a lifetime of work?

What do those two statements have in common? People have social schematics which they follow very consistently and those social schematics are repetitive ways in which a person operates. Social schematics can tell you very little about a person, because it can hide their true motives and intentions. Serial killers often have very adaptive and charismatic social schematics. You do not and can not really know a person's character unless you incite or deceive them into dropping their 'guard' and start operating on who they are rather then pre-programmed social schematics.

In the animal kingdom there are animals who will feign 'weakness' for various reasons, but in my case its a test. I wanted to see people's true character, or how they react when forced to think outside of the box. I wanted to see who thinks like the enemy or who under pressure and temptation to do the wrong thing choose to react nobility and with compassion. Love me or hate me, but this is the way I think. Sometimes people are friends and/or married to people for a very long time and still know very little about the person. I do not like this. I often test to see who to avoid and who is a good person.

Sun Tzu once said that if you are near make your enemy think that you are far, and if you are far make the enemy think that you are near.

...and for now I will leave my enemies with confusion and defeat. I'm not leaving, nor am I bothered by anything here. As I said before, I usually do not care to argue with ignorant morons unless I have a motive for doing so.

Whimsi-Cal
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2009, 3:54 pm

It worked quite well. I do apologize to the innocent people who may have been offended for what I said. I am only sorry to those people.

One individual, who knows who he is *cough* *protest_the_hero" *cough*, commented about my old avatar being an Asian girl, and asked if I was an ugly white guy. First of all the girl wasn't Asian, she was white, but what does this tell me about that individual? Obviously he is operating on racist, stereotypical social belief. A negative stereo-type that only ugly white guys like beautiful Asian woman. I am quite sure that under normal functioning the cognitive dissonance would cause him to hide his obvious racist beliefs behind social schematics. Again, you don't know people until you force them out of their comfort zone.

Last edited by Whimsi-Cal on 14 Mar 2009, 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 3:54 pm

I don't mean to totally get off subject, but out of sheer curiosity, what do you contribute your high IQ to regarding the actual test. Like the math or the vocabulary? I think what affects my score is the vocabulary. I just can't remember things anymore. The only reason I ask is because my IQ dropped 20 points after I had kids. lol

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 3:57 pm

Although my IQ is nowhere near yours, I've made pretty much the same observations.

Whimsi-Cal
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2009, 3:59 pm

Tantybi wrote:
I don't mean to totally get off subject, but out of sheer curiosity, what do you contribute your high IQ to regarding the actual test. Like the math or the vocabulary? I think what affects my score is the vocabulary. I just can't remember things anymore. The only reason I ask is because my IQ dropped 20 points after I had kids. lol

I've taken the test several times and I've greatly improved my vocabulary and math skills. I was always naturally good at finding differences and patterns which is a large amount of the test. I will walk into my room and immediately notice so much as a movement of my things. I do not like change and I know to identify it.

When I first took the test I was more like 90 IQ, and then I was 104, 134, 150, and the last time I took it I was 190. I really believe the test to be a very small part of intelligence. I know some people with low IQs that can tell you anything, and everything about their subject of interest. How could someone that knows all of that be unintelligent? No no no. There are many forms of intelligence in my opinion.

I mean I use to be almost functionally illiterate when it came to written communication. I couldn't spell to save my life and my vocabulary was crap. I worked on it. You can literally raise your IQ by learning. I use to read the dictionary a little at a time. Sounds weird but it helped so much.

Last edited by Whimsi-Cal on 14 Mar 2009, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:01 pm

Whimsi-Cal wrote:
Not that I think that IQ is the entirety of intelligence, and its not, but yes I have an IQ of over 190. Its rare and most people think I am lying about it.

Or perhaps you are a schizophrenic and honestly believe you have an IQ of 190, when in fact you don't.

Quote:
When I first took the test I was more like 90 IQ, and then I was 104, 134, 150, and the last time I took it I was 190

so you kept taking the same online IQ test over and over until you got all the answers right?

Whimsi-Cal
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2009, 4:06 pm

Mw99 wrote:
Whimsi-Cal wrote:
Not that I think that IQ is the entirety of intelligence, and its not, but yes I have an IQ of over 190. Its rare and most people think I am lying about it.

Or perhaps you are a schizophrenic and honestly believe you have an IQ of 190, when in fact you don't.

Cause we all know that the perceived "bad guy" is always ugly, crazy, and stupid. People naturally do not like inconsistencies and whenever possible people group everything together into schematics. You've already formed a flash judgment about me and when something didn't fit, like me flipping the whole situation upside down, you immediately attempt to rectify the situation by claiming that I am crazy and telling lies. It doesn't fit in your schematic for me so the self-fulfilling prophesy must be pushed in another way.

Quote:
so you kept taking the same online IQ test over and over until you got all the answers right?

Obviously they use similar questions with a different answer. It would be redundant if the questions were the same every single time. Its like the SAT or ACT. The questions aren't the same every time.

Last edited by Whimsi-Cal on 14 Mar 2009, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:06 pm

Whimsi-Cal wrote:
It worked quite well. I do apologize to the innocent people who may have been offended for what I said. I am only sorry to those people.

One individual, who knows who he is *cough* *protest_the_hero" *cough*, commented about my old avatar being an Asian girl, and asked if I was an ugly white guy. First of all the girl wasn't Asian, she was white, but what does this tell me about that individual? Obviously he is operating on racist, stereotypical social belief. Anegative stereo-type that only ugly white guys like beautiful Asian woman. I am quite sure that under normal functioning the cognitive dissonance would cause him to hide his obvious racist beliefs behind social schematics. Again, you don't know people until you force them out of their comfort zone.

Well that stereotype is so off because I'm a woman, straight, married, and I think Asian girls/women are very beautiful. Unless I really am an ugly white guy.

Either way, growing up, I always wished I could look like the girl in Karate Kid II. But now, I'm pretty content with people telling me I look like Liv Tyler. Once I did get some guy telling me I looked like Angelina Jolie, and I was the happiest woman on earth that night.

But I don't think it was that he was working off a stereotypical belief. I think it was that he perceived you as the enemy. Ask ephemerella some day about analysis of human behavior in groups. She might have something on that in her blog. We say Aspies are less apt to do it, but we do still do this to an extent. I think it was that he took part (he is a he and not a she right?) in the group behavior and was dishing out any insult but not serious as much as playful. You see me get playful a lot. When things get too serious, I just can't handle it sometimes and would rather approach it in a child like playful manner. I try to avoid insults, but some people's child self dishes out quite a few. I really don't think he was seriously into the debate or argument. I think it was just like "oh this is stupid" and then of course, when you think something is stupid, you treat it as such, "must be some ugly white guy." Now the thing I think was going on was that he might of felt sorry for you thinking you were a hot asian chick, and then once he found out you were a dude, then he no longer felt sorry for you. But that's a whole different ball game when you come into gender roles.

Whimsi-Cal
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2009, 4:13 pm

Tantybi wrote:
Whimsi-Cal wrote:

One individual, who knows who he is *cough* *protest_the_hero" *cough*, commented about my old avatar being an Asian girl, and asked if I was an ugly white guy. First of all the girl wasn't Asian, she was white, but what does this tell me about that individual? Obviously he is operating on racist, stereotypical social belief. Anegative stereo-type that only ugly white guys like beautiful Asian woman. I am quite sure that under normal functioning the cognitive dissonance would cause him to hide his obvious racist beliefs behind social schematics. Again, you don't know people until you force them out of their comfort zone.

Well that stereotype is so off because I'm a woman, straight, married, and I think Asian girls/women are very beautiful. Unless I really am an ugly white guy.

Either way, growing up, I always wished I could look like the girl in Karate Kid II. But now, I'm pretty content with people telling me I look like Liv Tyler. Once I did get some guy telling me I looked like Angelina Jolie, and I was the happiest woman on earth that night.

But I don't think it was that he was working off a stereotypical belief. I think it was that he perceived you as the enemy. Ask ephemerella some day about analysis of human behavior in groups. She might have something on that in her blog. We say Aspies are less apt to do it, but we do still do this to an extent. I think it was that he took part (he is a he and not a she right?) in the group behavior and was dishing out any insult but not serious as much as playful. You see me get playful a lot. When things get too serious, I just can't handle it sometimes and would rather approach it in a child like playful manner. I try to avoid insults, but some people's child self dishes out quite a few. I really don't think he was seriously into the debate or argument. I think it was just like "oh this is stupid" and then of course, when you think something is stupid, you treat it as such, "must be some ugly white guy." Now the thing I think was going on was that he might of felt sorry for you thinking you were a hot asian chick, and then once he found out you were a dude, then he no longer felt sorry for you. But that's a whole different ball game when you come into gender roles.

Oh and your screen name also isn't protest_the_hero so obviously it has nothing to do with you. I already run the situation in my head and this is why I picked the quotes I did in my post. There is a reason i said....

You can learn more about a person in an hour of play then in a lifetime of work

You also used the word 'playful' to describe him. I think you just saw who he really is inside. He perceived me as weak, the enemy, and the pack mentality got to him. He let his guard down and in that moment I knew what kind of person he really was. I mean the girl wasn't even Asian, but in his mind it was close enough. He projected onto the image.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:16 pm

Whimsi-Cal wrote:
Tantybi wrote:

I've taken the test several times and I've greatly improved my vocabulary and math skills. I was always naturally good at finding differences and patterns which is a large amount of the test. I will walk into my room and immediately notice so much as a movement of my things. I do not like change and I know to identify it.

When I first took the test I was more like 90 IQ, and then I was 104, 134, 150, and the last time I took it I was 190. I really believe the test to be a very small part of intelligence. I know some people with low IQs that can tell you anything, and everything about their subject of interest. How could someone that knows all of that be unintelligent? No no no. There are many forms of intelligence in my opinion.

I mean I use to be almost functionally illiterate when it came to written communication. I couldn't spell to save my life and my vocabulary was crap. I worked on it. You can literally raise your IQ by learning. I use to read the dictionary a little at a time. Sounds weird but it helped so much.

You know that may be it, the differences in things. I'm naturally good at that too. But lately, I don't care too much to notice unless it's things related to the safety of my children (like when someone doesn't put the scissors away or moves a knife to the reach of a 2 year old). I remember before I had kids, I always had this little stuffed animal on my desk at work, like a beanie baby. Anway, I'd lay it on my typewriter before I left, and I noticed what keys the feet landed on, so that way when I get back, I knew if someone messed on my computer. This was very important when I worked at an office in the middle of office warfare (like office politics is the cuban missile crisis, and office warfare is the Vietnam War).

But I agree that it in no way displays too much intellectually. They even say in science for a test to accurately measure something, it would measure it repeatedly, meaning anyone who re-did the test would come up with similar results like in a study. So, for any IQ test to be accurate, you would get the same results every time you took it. If were are talking someone's intelligence, then I guess it depends on how you define intelligence. But either way, I don't think it's accurate because it can change as the person grows, and it can change between tests by up to 10 points which is a big deal.

And, I once tutored a 7th grader in math who scored a 70 on his IQ and therefore, with his behavior problems as he was medicated for ADHD but didn't have ADHD, he was placed in special education. But I taught him to perform basic mathematical functions in different base systems. The farthest we got was addition and subtraction in binary code. But he could do all addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in other base systems when I used symbols instead of numbers. That does not sound like an IQ of 70 to me, especially when I'm positive not one teacher in his school could do such things. I really think his problem was reading comprehension and the medication he was taking.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:20 pm

i think its strange how you refer to "enemies"

this is the second time you directly remind me of my paranoid schizo friend.

"love me or hate me" look, i intend to do none of the two. i intend to be indifferent to you.

see, i know nothing about you, but allready you STRIKE me as someone who puts a lot of effort into being stalked, being hated, being plotted against, now your gonna punish everyone on this forum by staying, cus obivously your sheer presence is such a hard blow on all your enemies.

w h o C A R E S ? is what i wonder.

i see by your age, your too old to be going on like this. what you make a whole thread about, being cunning enough to spot a mind game, to vanquish your enemies before they strike, its like you think your aragorn or something. chill.

nobody is trying to get you :b

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:22 pm

Whimsi-Cal wrote:
Mw99 wrote:
Whimsi-Cal wrote:

Cause we all know that the perceived "bad guy" is always ugly, crazy, and stupid. People naturally do not like inconsistencies and whenever possible people group everything together into schematics. You've already formed a flash judgment about me and when something didn't fit, like me flipping the whole situation upside down, you immediately attempt to rectify the situation by claiming that I am crazy and telling lies. It doesn't fit in your schematic for me so the self-fulfilling prophesy must be pushed in another way.

People who truly have an IQ of 190 are 1 in a billion. Schizophrenics, ignorants and liars (even pathological ones) are A LOT more common. I am inclined to think you don't have an IQ of 190.

Quote:
Obviously they use similar questions with a different answer. It would be redundant if the questions were the same every single time. Its like the SAT or ACT. The questions aren't the same every time.

If the questions were so similar you actually practiced before you took the last exam, you defeated the purpose of the exam. Besides, online IQ tests don't have scientific validity.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:26 pm

The Garyww Chronicles. Very interesting!

190's awesome. That's something to be happy about ;)

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:32 pm

It may be that you have an IQ of 190. I'm the dumbest kid in the room, with only 130....;)

Know yourself, and know your enemy, and you will be a hundred times victorious in battle - Sun Tzu.

It's a measurement of a fraction of the personality that makes up what is you. I think you might be dismayed by other measurements, such as a Social Quotient. Most of us don't score very well there.

I don't think you have any enemies here that are not of your own making. Congratulations for the high score, but there's so much more of anyone than just pattern-recognition...

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:38 pm

Whimsi-Cal wrote:
Tantybi wrote:
Whimsi-Cal wrote:

Oh and your screen name also isn't protest_the_hero so obviously it has nothing to do with you. I already run the situation in my head and this is why I picked the quotes I did in my post. There is a reason i said....

You can learn more about a person in an hour of play then in a lifetime of work

You also used the word 'playful' to describe him. I think you just saw who he really is inside. He perceived me as weak, the enemy, and the pack mentality got to him. He let his guard down and in that moment I knew what kind of person he really was. I mean the girl wasn't even Asian, but in his mind it was close enough. He projected onto the image.

If you want to publicly analyze someone else like protest_the_hero, then I should be allowed to put my input in on the analysis, otherwise, it would be in private message. Unless you are telling me that if you describe the apple as red, and I want to add that it can be green, then I shouldn't be allowed to because it's betweeen you and the apple, in which case, why post it publicly?

You really seem to be looking people at black and white, and there is a huge gray area. And there is an area called, forgiveness. We all screw up. I very much doubt protest_the_hero is the person you portray him to be. I think he had his reasons for saying what he said, and unless you really are an ugly white guy, which you probably are not, then you shouldn't take it too seriously or analyze it too much. Seriously, unless you are doing a psychology paper on the subject and need this for experimental purposes (which would be a serious violation of ethics), then who cares what one guys thinks or says about you. It's not like he's going to talk at your funeral. And, unless you are seriously concerned that he's a computer genius capable of inserting a virus into your computer while you are online, I don't think he can do much damage to you unless you let him by letting thoughtless comments get to you.

And I'm so sorry for saying seriously too much. I just kinda noticed I've been doing that.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:41 pm

pakled wrote:
It may be that you have an IQ of 190. I'm the dumbest kid in the room, with only 130....;)

Know yourself, and know your enemy, and you will be a hundred times victorious in battle - Sun Tzu.

It's a measurement of a fraction of the personality that makes up what is you. I think you might be dismayed by other measurements, such as a Social Quotient. Most of us don't score very well there.

I don't think you have any enemies here that are not of your own making. Congratulations for the high score, but there's so much more of anyone than just pattern-recognition...

Nope, I'm dumber than you. Mine used to be 145, but like I said, it dropped 20 points since I had kids. Now it's actually 122. So it was more than a 20 point drop, but hey, whose really counting? ;)