Fall 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Winter 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Winter 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 46

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2006, 5:39 pm

I hate the smell of fresh cut grass (bad child memories or something) so I hate spring and summer the most. I hate the heat of summer.

Depending on my mood I hate the cold of winter but I like having an excuse to stay inside and work also.

Fall is my time of year. I get so full of energy I feel like I could conquer the world.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:04 pm

"Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
You always loved this time of year.
Those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
'Cause you're not here "

Definitely "Forever Autumn".

And it's still the best season!

pad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:10 pm

I can't decide between fall and winter. I love both times of the year. I guess i'll go with fall. :P

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:13 pm

Jesus is the reasus for the seasus!

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:17 pm

The tropics - where there are no seasons and the time of sunrise and sunset vary less. Great for my temperature and daylight sensitivities.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:20 pm

aylissa wrote:
The tropics - where there are no seasons and the time of sunrise and sunset vary less. Great for my temperature and daylight sensitivities.

I second that.

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2006, 6:29 pm

Arn't the tropics generally hot and humid?

Southern California is probably my favorite as far as climate goes. Feels like fall every day (dry cool nights, warm days). Can't afford to live there though.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:32 pm

Where I live seems to have only two seasons, hot and cool. It rarely gets below 30 degrees in the winter, the fall seems like a slightly cooler continuation of summer and spring gets warm so fast we're wearing shorts in February. My favorite season, however, is autumn as this is the time my depression least bothers me and the weather is perfect for being outside.

Summer is hot, sticky torture, it's hard to dress for spring since it's cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon and winter is spent adjusting my anti-depressants since the short days make me feel 10x worse.

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2006, 6:37 pm

I voted fall.

I like the cooler temperature, all the colors and change. We get interesting/exciting weather coming through too.
Some of the best motorcycling weather is in the fall.

I like winter too but I'm ready for spring to roll around by February.......but it doen't really show up until late April.

Summer...Ick. Nice temperature but I hate humidity.
I need to move to the desert.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 7:00 pm

coded wrote:
Arn't the tropics generally hot and humid?

Not in Hawaii, which has trade winds and is 19 degrees from the equator. It's never gone above 100 degrees in recorded history anywhere in Hawaii, mostly because there are constant trade winds that are like a mild fan that keeps you cool enough anywhere. Days, nights, rain, sun, winter, summer, it's all the same :)

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2006, 7:11 pm

Ha, I remember my first experience with the 4-seasons concept. Snow, Warmth, the 'autumn atmosphere' adjusting your wardrobe for the several seasons, turning up the heat instead of turning on the airco......it was all new to me. But it didn't took long for me to get used to it though, although it sometimes differed from my expectations (like more rainy than sunny days in summer, or snow in april, etc.) at first sight.

I can't really say that I have a favorite, but I do know of myself that I'm not a fan of extremes either way. If it's there I'll endure it, but not with much pleasure.

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2006, 8:10 pm

I love warm summer nights best, maybe with a little soft rain for a nice smell. Fall is nice but I can literallly feel everything winding down for the winter and I don't like that much, and winter just feels outright dead to me.

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2006, 8:43 pm

aylissa wrote:
Not in Hawaii, which has trade winds and is 19 degrees from the equator.

Hawaii sounds nice but there is just something about being on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere that's... uh... unnerving. Like what do you do if you need to evacuate? There's nowhere to go! ;)

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2006, 8:52 pm

Quote:
Hawaii sounds nice but there is just something about being on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere that's... uh... unnerving. Like what do you do if you need to evacuate? There's nowhere to go

I think the real problem with Hawaii is that no matter which island you're on, you're basically living on top of a volcano. :)

FYI I have nothing against Hawaii and I'd love to visit there someday!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:38 pm

Autumn - My birthday.

The weather is the nicest then, as well. Still warm enough to wear summer clothes, but not overheat.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:42 pm

For me, Fall and Spring are sort of tied in first place. I like mild weather, except for the re-emergeance of heavy allergies come Spring. Winter is in 3rd place, and Summer definitely dead last. Summer's only redeeming quality in my opinion is my birthday. :lol:

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/