Do you perspire profusely? (hyperhydrosis) Heat bother you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2009, 12:06 pm

i have always perspired very heavily on my forehead, head, and neck

i am very sensitive to heat..........once the room tempature gets above 74 degrees, i get uncomfortable

cant wear wool or anything like that

thanks for your participation

Horsa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2009, 12:13 pm

Yes.
I'm overweight (clinical definition) but not obese (again using the clinical definition) and I always fear that people will think I'm perspiring because I'm fat or lazy and not used to exercise. But in even a moderately warm environment I'll start to perspire heavily.

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2009, 12:16 pm

Horsa wrote:
Yes.
I'm overweight (clinical definition) but not obese (again using the clinical definition) and I always fear that people will think I'm perspiring because I'm fat or lazy and not used to exercise. But in even a moderately warm environment I'll start to perspire heavily.

hey horsa!

i have read many times autistics are hot people, lol

you check your blood pressure?..............mine was high at 32 yrs old......have had it controlled for years

i also read auristics more prone to high blood pressure (hypertension)

Horsa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2009, 12:22 pm

I have regular medicals, although my BP is normally on the high side of normal it has seldom been high enough to warrant attention, maybe once or twice.
On those occasions I'm usually asked back for a second check, so far those have all fallen back into the 'normal' bracket.

I should say that although I perspire, I don't mind heat... At least as long as it's not extreme. Not a sun worshipper either though.

Jacaen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Apr 2009, 12:34 pm

I have hyperhydrosis, but I also have Graves Disease, which is a contributing factor. I'm on the low end of normal weight and my blood pressure is mostly normal, though sometimes a little low. I can't stand the heat (and I live in Florida :( ). I get very irritable and frustrated when I'm hot. I can't stand the cold either.

Liresse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2009, 1:36 pm

I do perspire a lot but not intensely (just constantly), and it is probably an expression of stress-related anxiety rather than temperature

I have been underweight or low weight most of my life, and have been anorexic in the past. But I am also very sensitive to temperature, both hot and cold, to the point that it is the most defining criterion for what clothes I wear (sometimes more than texture/fabric). Am the last person in a group to adjust to stepping out of the house at night, and will often shiver constantly until we get to wherever we are supposed to be going. On the other hand, will also have full body overheating on simple things like a cup of hot chocolate that are solved by me taking all my clothes off to cool down, and not moving, so my skin doesn't brush itself while it is still sweaty (really hate the feeling of being sweaty). Frequently wake up drenched in sweat or, less frequently, freezing, depending what I forgot to do with my blankets the night before.

If am in a car and have fallen asleep on a long drive home on a sunny day, will wake up hot and sweaty and quite literally panic (highly stressed) until I cool down. Otherwise I am quite heliophobic as well (avoid any interaction with the sun completely).

alba
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 2:20 pm

Heat bothers me. Car with A/C absolutely essential.

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2009, 2:29 pm

alba wrote:
Heat bothers me. Car with A/C absolutely essential.

lol, my gosh, if i would have lived in arizona, i would have melted by now, lol

at least your winters are tolerable

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 2:37 pm

i suffer from hyperhydrosis on many areas of my body, i found that taking ditropan (i got it on prescription in the UK) pretty much sorted the problem out, and now i only sweat as much as a regular person ^.^ x

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Apr 2009, 2:40 pm

im not overwieght but i hate the summer time. my god! :(
im more of a winter person :)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 2:50 pm

Yea, I sweat really heavily. I don't wear cotton in hot weather because I hate feeling wet all the time. Synthetic fabric doesn't ever feel as wet.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 4:09 pm

I hate heat. I drink loads of fluids and I'm always too hot anyway. I should move to Iceland or something. all my windows are open as I write this (it's 15C outside)

and yeah, I have hypertension.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 5:04 pm

Yeah, the heat bothers me. I sweat profusely, and when it is warm and the ac is not on, I cannot sleep. I toss and turn. I have to have it pretty much 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature in the summer to sleep comfortably.

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Apr 2009, 6:51 pm

anna-banana wrote:
I hate heat. I drink loads of fluids and I'm always too hot anyway. I should move to Iceland or something. all my windows are open as I write this (it's 15C outside)

and yeah, I have hypertension.

hi anna....................wow you have it bad.....................hope you have the blood pressure under control well.

this is not uncommon for sweaters

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2009, 11:32 pm

horribly so. i'm not overweight but for the last couple years i have had terrible night sweats and a general clamminess during the day, usually around my back and shoulders. sometimes i'm fine all night but i'll wake up and see the clock around 5am and it hits me that i will have to get up for work soon. the anxiety hits and the cold sweats start immediately. so i really don't know if it's early menopause symptoms (i'm 40), anxiety, thyroid problems or all three.

i hate summer, i hate the heat and the big deal everyone makes about hot weather, and having to have skin showing and wearing summer clothes. YECH. it's the season of the stupid. my perfect climate would be something cool and rainy, where i could wear sweaters and drink tea all day.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 12:26 am

I get hot very easily and perspire a lot. I've got no idea what I have.