Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

luigi645
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2009, 2:52 am

I pretty much sleep all day, and stay up almost all night, I don't know if it is my AS or the fact that I am 13, it is hard to sleep at day because my parents always are going to stores and I most of the time have to go with them.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 6:15 am

I dunno.
My sleeping patterns shift around all the time.
I'm "nocturnal" currently, myself.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Dianitapilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2009, 6:48 am

I did it all the time when I was your age (so did my brother and he is not aspie). I thinks it has to do with anxiety levels at that age or a melanine imbalance in your body.
Try having a more structured life, with a sleeping routin, this helps a lot. But if it ends up really messing you up you should try some valerian extract or melanine at least until you give your life a rithm.

Success!

Diana

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 6:54 am

humans are generally NOT nocturnal as far as i know, sunlight helps regulate our hormones & specifically sunlight triggers the release of melatonin (the sleepy drug)..
It would certainly appear as though we have adapted to be awake in the day..
my (amateur) advice, stay up for 24hrs or until around 10pm & try and get into a routine of sleeping during the night..
gashi :P

TrinityDejavu
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2009, 7:23 pm

My sleep pattern drifts all over the place. Im very much an owl and that has a habit of drifting nocturnal (which I am now)

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 2:37 am

I'm pretty much nocturnal, and actually feel stronger at night than in the daytime.

Just ask my girlfriend; I'm pretty much "shot" until 8 or 9 PM

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 2:54 am

I shift constantly, I can be nocturnal for a few weeks, then something comes up that requires me to be awake during the day so I pull a double shift the day before (stay up untill 10pm) to get back into a normal sleeping pattern, but that usually doesn't last very long.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 3:39 am

I think I qualify as nocturnal too. I go to sleep between 5 and 6 AM every day, and wake up between 1 and 3 PM. Since it's starting to become daylight when I go to bed, does that mean I'm nocturnal? :chin: I think so.

Those who know, don't speak.