Page 3 of 135 [ 2146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 135  Next

JerryM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2014, 11:24 pm

Continuing the Star Wars quotes...

"Let the Wookie Win"

Shortly after explaining how Wookies are known to tear off the arms of people who beat them in games.

Kalastar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 May 2014, 4:32 am

"Play nice with the other kids, unless, of course, one of the other kids want to fight, then you have to kick the other kids butt!" Mushu to Mulan

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:01 am

"It's all right, Mrs. Travers. It's alright. Mr. Banks is going to be all right. I promise."

Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Saving Mr. Banks.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:40 am

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

(Professor Dumbledore to Harry Potter - "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's / Philosoper's Stone")

(Oh, if only Richard Harris hadn't died and Chris Columbus could have directed ALL the movies.)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 6:01 am

"Now, Cinderella, to undo your trickery and take what's rightfully ours. I call upon all the forces of the universe. Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo! Reverse the moon and sun, turn back tide and time, unravel Cinderella's happily ever after to the moment my troubles began!"

The Stepmother in Cinderella III: A Twist in Time.

(If only Dumbledore and all the others had done a better job of taking care of Harry. I'm sure it is illegal to knowingly send a child to an abusive household.)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 6:46 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
(If only Dumbledore and all the others had done a better job of taking care of Harry. I'm sure it is illegal to knowingly send a child to an abusive household.)

I hear ya, but he HAD to go there because of the BLOOD between he and Aunt Petunia----it made it so Voldemort couldn't harm him. So, aunt and uncle harming him----or, Voldemort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"

Ed Earl: ".......I can tell when somebody's peeing on my boots and telling me it's a rainstorm."

(I've been using this phrase ever since this movie came-out in 1982-----and, Judge Judy thinks SHE was first!!)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 6:57 am

Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela in Invictus.

"I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul."

(So he says. How do we know it was even working? The Dursleys didn't see Harry as family at all and this protection didn't stop them from hurting him. There had to be a better way than that. Did anyone even check up on him before he came to Hogwarts and make sure he was being treated right? If that wasn't enough, so many people kept turning their backs on him and failing him in so many ways that I finally got tired of it and stopped being a fan when the fifth book came out back in 03. I looked up online to learn how the story went after that. I hate the canon version, but I look at fanfiction everyday. I do it to compensate with my extreme disappointment with the canon version.)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:35 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
(So he says. How do we know it was even working? The Dursleys didn't see Harry as family at all and this protection didn't stop them from hurting him. There had to be a better way than that. Did anyone even check up on him before he came to Hogwarts? If that wasn't enough, so many people kept turning their backs on him and failing him in so many ways that I finally got tired of it and stopped being a fan when the fifth book came out back in 03. I looked up online to learn how the story went after that. I hate the canon version, but I look at fanfiction everyday. I do it to compensate with my extreme disappointment with the canon version.)

I know what you're sayin'-----but, the only thing I can tell you, is that it had to be that way to, sort-of, "make" the story. One had to feel sorry for Harry-----blah, blah, blah-----and then, he had to be the one to "do-in" Voldemort, all by himself. One had to be "hooked-in". I know what you mean, there was ALOT of discrepencies----that's ONE reason I am NOT of fan of J.K. Rowling-----just a fan of the STORY.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now, where was I---------oh, yeah......

"My Cousin Vinny"

Mona Lisa Vito: Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f*ckin' bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f*ck what kind of pants the son-of-a-b!tch who shot you was wearing? (I LITERALLY LOL when she said this!!)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:44 am

"I gotta go Julia, we got cows."

Melissa in Twister.

(Yeah, Rowling kind of overdid it. Too much for me, really. I don't like prolonged bullying and abuse, especially when the source isn't being punished. Harry Potter was a great idea, but took it too far in the wrong direction for me. I like Lord of the Rings and The Hunger Games better.)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 8:19 am

Oh, I was soooooo gonna use that quote!! I'm gonna PM ya on your last comment. I'm afraid a Mod's gonna get us for talking in the middle of a thread----and / or, we might be tickin' other posters off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Grease"

Danny: "Why, this car is Auto-matic. Its System-matic. Its Hyyyyydro-matic. Why, its Greased Lightning!"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 12:26 pm

"what a world...." [the wicked witch melting in "the wizard of oz" 1939

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:40 pm

"Murder by Death"

Tess Skeffington: "There's nothing on him 'til '46, when he was picked-up in El Paso, Texas, for trying to smuggle a truckload of rich white Americans across the border into Mexico to pick melons."

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:03 pm

"Congratulations. You've just won gold, silver, and bronze in the Morons Olympics!"

Cruella De Vil in the live-action 101 Dalmatians.

(Got the PM. Sorry if I got carried away.)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:14 pm

"Murder by Death"

Lionel Twain: That drives me crazy!

Sam Diamond: Sounds like a short ride to me.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 7:24 pm

"Oh, Frank, my lips are hot! Kiss my hot lips!"

Margaret 'Hot Lips' O'Houlihan in the movie M*A*S*H.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 8:12 pm

"Grease"

"When I hear music, I just can't make my feet behave."